LaTeX Posting Help: Wrapping Tags & Equations

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter buhthestuh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex Tags
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's difficulty in using LaTeX tags in their posts. They ask for help on finding the correct wrap tags and if there is a help section for technical questions. The other person suggests clicking on any equation to reveal the source code with the [ t e x ] [ / t e x] tags. They also mention a helpful thread for using LaTeX math typesetting in the "Math and Science Tutorials" forum.
buhthestuh
I'm sorry but I can't seem to figure out how to tag LATEX in my posts so that my equations in my posts come out in LATEX. What are the wrap tags for LaTeX on here. Is there a help section somewhere for these types of technical questions.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you click on any equation, the source code with the [ t e x ] [ / t e x] (spaced out for viewing here) tags are revealed.

[tex] c^2=b^2+a^2 [/tex] <--- click me

In the first forum "Math and Science Tutorials", there is the famous
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=8997
"Introducing LaTeX Math Typesetting" thread.

thanks, Much appreciated

1. What is the purpose of wrapping tags in LaTeX?

Wrapping tags in LaTeX are used to group and organize sections of a document. This allows for better formatting and easier navigation within the document.

2. How do I wrap text in LaTeX?

To wrap text in LaTeX, you can use the \begin{wrapfigure}{alignment}{width} command, where "alignment" specifies the placement of the wrapped text and "width" determines the width of the wrapped text.

3. Can equations be wrapped in LaTeX?

Yes, equations can be wrapped in LaTeX using the equation environment. This will center the equation and add numbering to it. You can also use the align environment to align multiple equations at specific points.

4. How do I wrap long equations in LaTeX?

To wrap long equations in LaTeX, you can use the multiline environment. This allows for the equation to be split into multiple lines with a single equation number, making it easier to read and understand.

5. Is it possible to customize the wrapping tags in LaTeX?

Yes, it is possible to customize the wrapping tags in LaTeX by adjusting the alignment, width, and other parameters. You can also create your own custom wrapping tags using the \newenvironment{tagname}{beginning code}{ending code} command.