Is it possible to obtain a published paper for free through this forum?

• Thread starter sogdiana
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the conversation revolves around the availability of Modern Physics Letters and obtaining it for research purposes. The suggestion is made to subscribe to the online version or access it through university libraries. It is also mentioned that obtaining it illegally is not allowed on the forum and alternative options should be explored.
sogdiana
Is this forum of people who help each other or a place of nasty people?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sure Modern Physics Letters has an online version you can subscribe to.
If you wish to be a serious researcher, you should be willing to pay a subscription to a marginally profitable publication.

If I had enough money to pay for that damn paper I would have never asked help.

From what I know, Modern Physics Letters is a fairly prestigious journal, so it would be available in well-stocked university libraries. Have you tried that?

Yes, I had many friends and we always help each other, but this time they could not find it. And also they do not have access to this journal from their universities. That is why I come here.

Okay, but what you are basically asking about happens to be illegal.
Do you realize that?

Yes, I do well. No way...

By the way, thanks a lot for your kind information and helpful suggestions and also for remembering me that is ILLEGAL!

You might put in a request in the materials&chemical engineering sub-forum, wouldn't that be the right place?

Many thanks!:rolleyes:

As arildno has said, it is illegal for someone to send you such a paper. You will need to either subscribe to the journal yourself, or go to a library and request it. However, if you are undertaking research, then surely either your college will have an online subscription, or you can request it from your university library free of charge.

Anyway, as per PF rules, you are not permitted to obtain material illegally on our forum. I'm closing this thread: do not start another thread on the topic.

1. Why is a published paper needed for my research?

A published paper is necessary for your research because it provides evidence of your findings and allows others to build upon your work. It also adds credibility to your research and allows for peer review to ensure the validity and accuracy of your findings.

2. Can I use unpublished data for my research instead of a published paper?

While unpublished data may be useful for your research, it is not a substitute for a published paper. Published papers have gone through a rigorous process of peer review and have been deemed credible by experts in the field. Unpublished data may not have gone through the same level of scrutiny and may not be as reliable.

3. What is the process for getting a paper published?

The process for getting a paper published can vary depending on the journal or publication you are submitting to. Generally, you will need to write a manuscript following the specific guidelines of the journal and submit it for review. The paper will then go through a peer review process and, if accepted, will be edited and published.

4. Do all published papers have equal value?

No, not all published papers have equal value. Some journals have a higher impact factor, meaning that their published papers are more influential and cited more often. It is important to carefully consider the quality and reputation of the journal before submitting your paper for publication.

5. Can a published paper be retracted?

Yes, a published paper can be retracted if errors or misconduct are discovered after publication. This is why it is important to thoroughly review and fact-check your research before submitting it for publication. Retractions can damage the credibility of your work and may have consequences for your career as a scientist.