Marie Curie Leukemia: Causes & Treatment

• Thread starter jac0b 740m920n
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cancer
In summary, the cause of Marie Curie's cancer was radiation poisoning. To learn more about this, a simple online search using keywords such as "Marie Curie radiation poisoning" or "Marie Curie" will provide detailed information on the topic.
jac0b 740m920n
Does anyone know what might be the cause of Marie Curie's cancer

Biology news on Phys.org
jac0b 740m920n said:
Does anyone know what might be the cause of Marie Curie's cancer
Radiation poisoning.

Evo said:
Radiation poisoning.
thanks evo for some reason i can't find anything about it but i also need more in depth reasons

jac0b 740m920n said:
thanks evo for some reason i can't find anything about it but i also need more in depth reasons
Do a search on "Marie Curie radiation poisoning", even doing a search on "Marie Curie" will get you results with details.

Evo said:
Do a search on "Marie Curie radiation poisoning", even doing a search on "Marie Curie" will get you results with details.

i tried and nothing came up ill try again maybe its my computer

jac0b 740m920n said:
i tried and nothing came up ill try again maybe its my computer
You'll have to read the articles that come up to find the answers. Trust me a google search will bring up more than you could ever want to know about her.

Evo said:
You'll have to read the articles that come up to find the answers. Trust me a google search will bring up more than you could ever want to know about her.

I found something short and straight forward using what you said thanks :approve:

jac0b 740m920n said:
I found something short and straight forward using what you said thanks :approve:
I'm glad that you found what you needed.

1. What caused Marie Curie to develop leukemia?

Marie Curie developed leukemia due to her long-term exposure to radiation as a result of her pioneering research in radioactivity. She was constantly exposed to high levels of radiation from her experiments and did not take proper precautions to protect herself.

2. Is there a genetic component to Marie Curie's leukemia?

There is no evidence to suggest that there is a genetic component to Marie Curie's leukemia. It is believed that her leukemia was solely caused by her exposure to radiation.

3. What are the symptoms of leukemia and how was it diagnosed in Marie Curie?

The symptoms of leukemia include fatigue, frequent infections, easy bruising or bleeding, and weight loss. In the case of Marie Curie, her symptoms were not recognized until after her death. However, her symptoms were consistent with those of acute radiation syndrome, which was not fully understood at the time.

4. What treatments were available for leukemia during Marie Curie's time?

During Marie Curie's time, there were limited treatments available for leukemia. These included blood transfusions and the use of certain chemicals to treat anemia. However, these treatments were not effective in treating leukemia caused by radiation exposure.

5. How has the treatment for leukemia changed since Marie Curie's time?

Since Marie Curie's time, there have been significant advancements in the treatment of leukemia. These include chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and targeted therapy. Additionally, precautions are now taken to limit exposure to radiation in scientific research and medical procedures.