Nexus 7 and PDF files

by LeDragonian
Tags: apps, files, nexus, nexus 7, pdf, studying, textbooks
LeDragonian
Sep7-13, 05:24 PM
P: 5
I currently have a great thirst for reading up all sorts of Mathematics/Physics textbook which I have obtained as PDF files on my Nexus 7. I currently use two apps to use to books. These apps are Adobe Reader, and aldiko. I feel like these apps aren't good enough for organizing and locating the textbooks. I have so many on it already and I feel like these free apps aren't efficient.

If anyone is interested in teaching me new ways to study using these PDF files on tablets with using a better app or anything related I would really appreciate it.

I have also added pictures to show you how frustrating it is to switch between these books and learn using the tablet.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2013-09-07-18-15-52.jpg   Screenshot_2013-09-07-18-16-25.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Cougars' diverse diet helped them survive the Pleistocene mass extinction
Cyber risks can cause disruption on scale of 2008 crisis, study says
Mantis shrimp stronger than airplanes
Greg Bernhardt
Sep9-13, 09:32 AM
Admin
P: 8,542
Here are a few options, but it seems like Adobe Reader is pretty much the best
http://www.pdfmate.com/best-android-...er-review.html
Enigman
Sep9-13, 10:47 AM
Best Humor
P: 547
Aldiko is great for epubs; for pdf it pretty much sucks. There's an app called 'documents to go' and it has a option for favourites and recent files so its pretty neat inasmuch you can use it for pdf, ppt, doc etc.
But Adobe's interface is the best.

manifespo
Sep12-13, 07:24 AM
P: 8

Nexus 7 and PDF files

kingsoft office, fb reader, cool reader, file expert hd
LeDragonian
Sep12-13, 11:47 PM
Thanks for all your feedbacks. I think I will try my luck with Adobe Reader for now but I really like to try the link and "documents to go".
MrTheBard
Sep30-13, 01:21 PM
P: 29
LeDragonian,

I would highly reccommend MoonReader Pro. It's extremely affordable. When I purchased it, it was less than $2.99.

I like it because it has quite a bit of customization options and it also keeps track of your reading time and words per minute. I think of it as a "Steam" but for books. It feels great knowing how much study time I put into my reading.
LeDragonian
Oct1-13, 06:29 PM
MrTheBard

Thank you for the new info. I checked the app on play store and found out that it supports pdf files. However, it does look like a great app for reading books (i.e. novels), but I mainly read and use textbooks of variety of sciences. I am gonna try the free version soon. Thank you :)
meBigGuy
Oct19-13, 03:33 AM
P: 976
I access my Nexus 7 PDF files through ES file explorer (in the download directory) and it gives me two options. One is PDF reader --- which seems to be a default stock Android reader (not something I can uninstall) and the other is Amazon Kindle, which is my reader of choice. I tried a bunch of other readers and had issues with them all. I haven't tried using Kindle to catalog a bunch of PDF's. I just use ES File Explorer to manage the directories.

Register to reply