Premium Membership Costs Lowered

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: If I get a TA position next term,...You will be able to use your TA position to help support the site.
Premium membership costs have been lowered in order to help with funding a new server. Most of you have noted a streak of poor performance over the past few months if not the entire year.

1yr membership is now $15 down from $25, 6yr is adjusted accordingly with the 6th year free.

https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I renewed my contribution and turned yellow!

<sobbing>

Zz.

Edit: OK, I've stopped sobbing. It makes my masscara runs all over my face.

:)

Last edited:
Damn, I spent all that time (2-3 minutes) signing up for paypal, just to find out I could have used my credit card directly. Ohh well :smile:edit... Wow that was quick! Already yellow :biggrin:

mattmns said:
Damn, I spent all that time (2-3 minutes) signing up for paypal, just to find out I could have used my credit card directly. Ohh well :smile:

edit... Wow that was quick! Already yellow :biggrin:
YAY mattmns! :smile:

ZapperZ said:
I renewed my contribution and turned yellow!

<sobbing>

Zz.

Edit: OK, I've stopped sobbing. It makes my masscara runs all over my face.

:)
Darn, I renewed last month! I knew I should have waited for the property values to decline. :rofl: Yes, Zz, that happened to me too when I renewed. It was quite startling!

Greg, you've said you'd give us an update on just what the problems have been --- looks like you've decided it's hardware, not software. So just what has gone haywire?

Bystander said:
Greg, you've said you'd give us an update on just what the problems have been --- looks like you've decided it's hardware, not software. So just what has gone haywire?

Correct, we've tried optimizing and configuring everything, but nothing has helped. We need more power. The new dual Opteron 248 machine I just picked up will do just that :smile:

mattmns said:
Damn, I spent all that time (2-3 minutes) signing up for paypal, just to find out I could have used my credit card directly. Ohh well :smile:

edit... Wow that was quick! Already yellow :biggrin:

What exactly did you mean by 'using your credit card directly'? Just curious. :smile:

radou said:
What exactly did you mean by 'using your credit card directly'? Just curious. :smile:
He means, to pay a PayPal account you don't need to be signed up with Paypal. You can just as easily use your credit card as you would on any online shopping site.

Today I realized that my balance on my checking account is 30 cents. I uhh, don't really want to have any overdraft fees, so I will be making a deposit at my bank tomorrow. When I get home from school, I'll make sure to use my visa check card to change my name to yell, uhh, I mean to make a contribution and help PF :smile:

About time, you little bastard. After all these years of supporting you, your mother and I have just about had... Oh, never mind... wrong kid... :redface:

To those who are wondering: The subscriptions are sequential, so if your subscription is still active, re-upping will start your new year only when the current one runs out. $15 is a good deal for this service and it would be good if Greg could get help from as many members as possible.

Well, in that case I'll shoot for the 6-year deal. Gotta wait until Monday though, because I can't deposit my paycheque until then.

Danger said:
Well, in that case I'll shoot for the 6-year deal. Gotta wait until Monday though, because I can't deposit my paycheque until then.

There is a one-hundred year package as well.

With my lifestyle, the 6-year one is optimistic. :tongue:

100-year... Wasn't there a lifetime subscription at one point?

Yeah, Ivan would be better off going for the lifetime one. His 100 is probably close to expiring now.

Danger said:
Yeah, Ivan would be better off going for the lifetime one. His 100 is probably close to expiring now.
:rofl: :rofl:

I don't get it.. must be one of those Queen things.

Ivan Seeking said:
I don't get it.. must be one of those Queen things.
I'm not a queen :grumpy:

No, see, you're in the UK, and Danger is in Canada... :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
No, see, you're in the UK, and Danger is in Canada... :biggrin:
Ahhh, its all becoming clear...

moose said:
Today I realized that my balance on my checking account is 30 cents. I uhh, don't really want to have any overdraft fees, so I will be making a deposit at my bank tomorrow. When I get home from school, I'll make sure to use my visa check card to change my name to yell, uhh, I mean to make a contribution and help PF :smile:
22 days later, umm... better late than never!

EDIT: I can now relax about my pm inbox!

moose said:

Yeah, I'm going to have to renew mine soon.

I hope they have PayPal!

YES, they do!

If I get a TA position next term, I'll probably go for the 6 year. Save me the trouble for thinking about it again, and that should be long enough to get me through Graduate School. I probably can't afford it then.

Last edited:
moose said:

Congrats! And I love your new signature. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Congrats! And I love your new signature. :rofl:

I think yours is the best though!

I don't know if I see it right or not, but it looks like a cat holding a sniper rifle. It makes me thing that it's shooting at the birds outside, which it has been dieing to capture while sitting in the house watching and dreaming.

moose said:
Are you trying to imply that people actually PM you? :rolleyes: :tongue: :biggrin:

JasonRox said:
it looks like a cat holding a sniper rifle. It makes me thing that it's shooting at the birds outside
That is indeed the graphic, but check her location. It's mice, not birds.

And Moonie, your signature reminds me of my favourite Confucius quote (okay, it's my favourite because I made it up when I was about 16): "Confucius say 'He who piss in cash register liquidates his funds.'"

Okay... gimme a break, dammit... I was a kid. :rolleyes:

I don't see any kitty in Moonbear's sig!:tongue2:

Danger said:
Are you trying to imply that people actually PM you?:rolleyes::tongue::biggrin:

I don't know about the rest, but now I'm going to PM him and ask who on Earth Pms him! :uhh: :bugeye:

1. What is the reason for lowering premium membership costs?

The reason for lowering premium membership costs is to make it more affordable for individuals who are interested in accessing exclusive features and content of the membership but may not have the financial means to do so at the current price.

2. How much will the premium membership cost be lowered by?

The exact amount of the premium membership cost reduction may vary depending on the specific membership plan and platform. However, the overall goal is to significantly decrease the cost to make it more accessible to a wider audience.

3. Will the lower premium membership costs affect the quality of the membership benefits?

No, the quality of the premium membership benefits will not be affected by the lowered costs. The same level of exclusive features and content will still be available to members, and efforts will be made to continuously improve and add new benefits.

4. How long will the premium membership costs remain lowered?

The duration of the lowered premium membership costs will depend on the platform and specific membership plan. Some platforms may offer permanent discounts, while others may have limited-time promotions. It is best to check with the platform for more information.

5. Are there any additional fees or hidden costs associated with the lowered premium membership costs?

Generally, there are no additional fees or hidden costs associated with the lowered premium membership costs. However, it is always important to carefully read the terms and conditions of the membership before signing up to ensure there are no surprises.