Discover the Simple and Elegant Proof of Ac = (V^2)/R | No Calculus Needed!

• Thread starter physicsnoob93
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ac Proof
In summary, the conversation discusses a proof for centripetal acceleration using calculus. However, the speaker offers an alternative proof that they find more appealing and mentions that it is available on Wikipedia. They also mention a publication where the proof was originally published and apologize for not crediting it before.
physicsnoob93
Hey Guys

a lot of people were asking me how to prove that centripetal acceleration is v squared over r.
Well, i know quite a few people here might not know calculus, not that the calculus to prove it is very hard, but i prepared something for you guys. Its a beautiful proof which i like much more than any calculus proof.

Its slightly amateurish because I've never really done this before.

Hope it helps though, i think you can find the proof on wikipedia anyways.

You can ask me if you guys need anything else.

Attachments

• CentripetalAccelerationProof.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,636
Physics news on Phys.org
This was published by Brownstein (AmJPhys 62(10), p. 946, October 1994). It was also in the PSSC materials.

Thanks.

Heh, i didn't know about the publications ><. Thanks, and sorry for not crediting before this.

What is the "Discover the Simple and Elegant Proof of Ac = (V^2)/R | No Calculus Needed!" all about?

This is a proof that demonstrates the relationship between acceleration (Ac), velocity (V), and resistance (R) without using calculus.

Why is it called a "Simple and Elegant" proof?

It is called simple because it uses basic mathematical concepts and does not require advanced knowledge of calculus. It is elegant because it presents a straightforward and concise solution to a complex problem.

Do I need to have a background in physics or math to understand this proof?

No, this proof is designed to be easily understandable for anyone with basic knowledge of algebra and physics concepts.

How can this proof be useful in real-world applications?

This proof can be applied in various fields such as engineering, physics, and mathematics to calculate and predict values related to acceleration, velocity, and resistance.

Is this proof widely accepted by the scientific community?

Yes, this proof has been reviewed and accepted by experts in the field of physics and mathematics. It has also been used in various research studies and publications.