QFT Video Lectures with David Tong

In summary, Quantum Field Theory (QFT) is a theoretical framework that explains the behavior of quantum particles by combining ideas from quantum mechanics and special relativity. David Tong is a professor at the University of Cambridge known for his popular video lectures on QFT and other topics in physics. Prior knowledge of quantum mechanics, special relativity, and basic math is necessary to understand his QFT lectures, which are aimed at undergraduate and graduate students. While the lectures cover the fundamentals of QFT, they do not cover all aspects of the theory and are not suitable for advanced topics.
waht
Here are some cool video lectures on introductory QFT:

QFT Video Lectures

Physics news on Phys.org
I needed a starting point, thanks :)

Once my E.Dynamics lecturer was away for two lectures. David Tong stepped into cover. He's pretty good D:
I love his enthusiasm.
If I do my next year here, I might finish these over the summer to get ahead. cheers

His lecture notes and problem sets are here.

thanks ;)

great! i'll watch it

Thank you. I am planning to do QFT in the fall. Will use them. :)

1. What is QFT (Quantum Field Theory)?

Quantum Field Theory is a theoretical framework used to describe the behavior of quantum particles at a fundamental level. It combines ideas from quantum mechanics and special relativity to explain the interactions between particles and fields.

2. Who is David Tong?

David Tong is a professor of theoretical physics at the University of Cambridge. He specializes in quantum field theory, string theory, and particle physics. He is also known for his popular video lectures on various topics in physics, including QFT.

3. What are the prerequisites for understanding the QFT video lectures by David Tong?

A basic understanding of quantum mechanics and special relativity is necessary to follow the QFT video lectures by David Tong. Familiarity with linear algebra and calculus is also helpful.

4. Are the QFT video lectures suitable for beginners?

The QFT video lectures by David Tong are aimed at undergraduate and graduate students in physics, so some prior knowledge of physics is necessary. However, the lectures are presented in a clear and accessible manner, making them suitable for beginners who are willing to put in the effort to understand the material.

5. Are the QFT video lectures by David Tong comprehensive?

The QFT video lectures cover the basics of quantum field theory, but they do not cover all aspects of the theory. They are meant to provide a solid foundation for further study in the field. Additionally, the lectures do not cover advanced topics such as supersymmetry or string theory.