Removing An Old Thread I Created

• Thread starter Cod
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about whether an old thread on a discussion forum can be removed if it no longer allows for editing or deleting. One person suggests PMing an admin to explain the reason for the request.
Cod
Is there a way to have a thread removed if it is old and no longer offers the delete or edit function? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No - that goes against the concept of a discussion forum.

Would you mind if I PM you or another admin the reason? I feel my request is justifiable; however, I'd rather not give justification in a "public" manner. I kindly ask someone to hear me out.

Last edited:
Cod said:
Would you mind if I PM you or another admin the reason? I feel my request is justifiable; however, I'd rather not give justification in a "public" manner. I kindly ask someone to hear me out.
You can certainly PM any moderator you like.

1. How do I remove an old thread I created?

To remove an old thread that you have created, you can click on the thread and look for a "delete" or "remove" option. This option is usually located near the top or bottom of the thread.

2. Will removing an old thread I created also remove all the comments and replies?

Yes, removing an old thread you created will also remove all the comments and replies associated with it. This is because the thread serves as the main topic of discussion and without it, the comments and replies are irrelevant.

3. How do I know if I have the authority to remove a thread?

If you are the creator of the thread, you will have the authority to remove it. However, if you are not the creator, you may need to contact the forum or platform administrator to request for the thread to be removed.

4. Can I undo the removal of an old thread?

Unfortunately, once a thread has been removed, it cannot be undone. It is important to double check and make sure that you want to remove the thread before confirming the action.

5. What should I do if I accidentally removed an old thread?

If you accidentally removed an old thread, you can try reaching out to the forum or platform administrator and explain the situation. They may be able to restore the thread for you. Otherwise, you can create a new thread with the same topic for discussion.