Resource for creative logic/math puzzles

• Thread starter hihiip201
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resource
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for logic puzzles that rely more on creative thinking than complex mathematics. Examples of such puzzles include the "chessboard corners removed" problem and the "3x3x3 Rubik's cube" problem. A recommendation is made for the book "Aha! Insight" by Martin Gardner, which is said to contain similar puzzles. The speaker then expresses their gratitude for the suggestion and mentions that they have ordered the book from Amazon.
hihiip201
As titled

I am mostly looking for logic puzzles that doesn't require too much indepth mathematics, but rather creative thinking to get to the solution

example of problems I am looking for:

the chessboard corners removed problem

is it possible to use fewer than 6 cuts to get to 3x3x3 rubiks cube problem

any suggestions?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I don't have the book myself, but from reading the reviews on Amazon, Aha! Insight by Martin Gardner may be what you're looking for.

Petek said:
I don't have the book myself, but from reading the reviews on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/dp/071671017X/?tag=pfamazon01-20 by Martin Gardner may be what you're looking for.

just ordered from amazon! thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator:

What is a resource for creative logic/math puzzles?

A resource for creative logic/math puzzles is a collection of puzzles that require logical thinking and mathematical skills to solve. These puzzles often have unique and challenging solutions.

Why are logic/math puzzles important?

Logic/math puzzles are important because they help develop critical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities. They also provide a fun and engaging way to exercise the brain and improve cognitive function.

What types of puzzles can I find in a resource for creative logic/math puzzles?

A resource for creative logic/math puzzles may include a variety of puzzles such as riddles, brain teasers, math problems, logic grids, and more. These puzzles can be solved using different techniques and strategies.

Who can benefit from using a resource for creative logic/math puzzles?

Anyone can benefit from using a resource for creative logic/math puzzles. These puzzles are suitable for all ages and can be enjoyed by students, professionals, and anyone looking to exercise their brain and improve their problem-solving skills.

Are there any other benefits of solving logic/math puzzles?

Yes, solving logic/math puzzles can also improve memory, increase concentration and attention span, and reduce stress. It can also provide a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when a puzzle is successfully solved.