Does anyone know what the internet url bar is called?

• Thread starter AznBoi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the conversation discusses the various names for the bar where internet addresses are typed, such as address bar, navigation bar, and location bar. The second part of the conversation mentions a list that opens when typing a previously visited site, which is referred to as history or browsing history. One person jokingly mentions the Snickers bar, which leads to a brief tangent. The conversation ends with someone expressing gratitude and a whimsical song about Snickers.
AznBoi
I would like to know the specific name for the bar where you type the internet addresses. Also, what do you call the list that opens down when you type something that you've already visted in the bar? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I always thought it was just called the address bar and the menu thing the history :confused:

On my explorer it's called the navigation bar, but I suppose it might be called something else.

I have no idea bout the drop down part, the history drop down? I have mine set to clear all information as soon as the explorer is closed, so I've never really used it.

I've always called it the address bar myself, but in Firefox, it's called the navigation toolbar. I do not know the name of the second thing you wanted though, sorry. I call that the recent website list.

Why do you need to know the names?

The second one is "history" or "browsing history" in firefox.

AznBoi said:
I would like to know the specific name for the bar where you type the internet addresses.
Address bar.

Location Bar in Firefox.

Wikipedia calls it "URL Bar" but also recognizes the names location/address bar.

Smurf said:
Location Bar in Firefox.

Snickers Bar on Mars.

...what? :biggrin:

Sorry.

Snickers is a product of Mars inc. It is not a search engine; rather, it is a chocolate and nougat snack food product. It has nothing to do with this thread, but it sounded very witty to me at the time, and I compulsively struck the keyboard with my whimsy.

I'll go now.

Chi Meson said:
Sorry.

Snickers is a product of Mars inc. It is not a search engine; rather, it is a chocolate and nougat snack food product. It has nothing to do with this thread, but it sounded very witty to me at the time, and I compulsively struck the keyboard with my whimsy.

I'll go now.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I got it. I don't know if that means I'm worldy or pathetic. :uhh:

Happy peanuts soar
Over chocolate covered mountaintops
And waterfalls of caramel
Prancing nougat in the meadow
Sings a song of satisfaction
To the world

Thank you all! :biggrin:

*whispering* To the world!

1. What is the internet url bar?

The internet url bar, also known as the address bar, is a text field located at the top of a web browser where users can type in a specific web address or URL to access a website.

2. How do I use the internet url bar?

To use the internet url bar, simply click on it and type in the web address or URL of the website you want to visit. You can also use it to search for keywords and phrases, which will then display a list of relevant websites.

3. Can I customize the internet url bar?

Yes, most web browsers allow users to customize the internet url bar by changing the font size, color, and search engine preferences. Some browsers also offer extensions or add-ons that can further enhance the functionality of the url bar.

4. Is the internet url bar the same as the search bar?

No, the internet url bar and the search bar are two different things. The url bar is used to input a specific web address or URL, while the search bar is used to search for keywords and phrases on a search engine.

5. How do I copy and paste a website's url from the internet url bar?

To copy and paste a website's url from the internet url bar, simply highlight the entire url and right-click to select "Copy" or use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + C". Then, you can paste the url by right-clicking and selecting "Paste" or using the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + V".