Gravity & Electric Force: Common Ground?

In summary, Daniel believes that all forces, not just gravity and EM, share a fundamental origin. He speculates that the virtual Z0 boson could be the only massive fundamental particle that has no charge. He also notes that all massless particles are charged, and speculates that this could be due to the curvature of space-time.
nishant
isn't it possible for the gravitational force and the elcetrical origin forces have something very very common fundamentally to both of them

Physics news on Phys.org
is there an answer

Yes as far as I know. Isn't that what theoretical physicists are working on now with string theory and LQG?

I do not know all that,but what should be an indication is the type of forces the both r,their nature is implied from some same thing

The ultimate aim of elementary physics is to show that all forces, not just gravity and EM, are aspects of the same thing. A variation on your question is something that has been on my mind of late. Is the virtual Z0 boson the only massive fundamental particle that has no charge? All massless particles are chargeless, and to my knowledge all real massive particles are charged. Why? WHY, GODDAMMIT?!?

that irritating feeling!

Yes,electromagnetism & gravity have something fundamental in common:gauge invariance,put otherwise:both are I-st class systems.

Daniel.

El Hombre Invisible said:
The ultimate aim of elementary physics is to show that all forces, not just gravity and EM, are aspects of the same thing. A variation on your question is something that has been on my mind of late. Is the virtual Z0 boson the only massive fundamental particle that has no charge? All massless particles are chargeless, and to my knowledge all real massive particles are charged. Why? WHY, GODDAMMIT?!?

All forces are really have a COMMON origin. This is a stretched spacetime. It arise between curved areas of spaceime which are a mass.
The difference between charged and not charged mass in a form of curvature only.

Michael

can u explain a little further what u r saying

Maybe he is speaking about Kaluza-Klein theory ?? I don't know that theory at all just it is giving the curvature of a 5 dim space-time (don't ask me if the 5th dimension is time or space, or maybe something else) which should in some way i never looked at include the EM maxwell equations in addition to GR...

kleinwolf said:
Maybe he is speaking about Kaluza-Klein theory ?? I don't know that theory at all just it is giving the curvature of a 5 dim space-time (don't ask me if the 5th dimension is time or space, or maybe something else) which should in some way i never looked at include the EM maxwell equations in addition to GR...
This is my own ideas.

how do u say that?

Michael Dmitriyev said:
This is my own ideas.

Is it perhaps not the greatest idea to express one's own ideas as though they were immutable statements of fact?

Personally I don't know KK theory, except I think it adds an extra 5 space-dimension which is extended.

Well...my problem with extra-dimensional space-time is that if I can accept 4D space-time as a mathematical interesting tool it's because I have the impression of 3D space, and some time flowing but of different nature than space (irreversible, aso...)

But what would be an extra space dimension ? Or time either ?

However, I have no argument against extra "degenerate" dimensions...

This is based on the mathematical fact that let say flat space-time can be described by a metric, which can be always put in the form :

[tex] M=diag(1,-1,-1,-1,0,0,0...) [/tex]

e.g. 1->time, -1->space 0->?

But I have no idea what these degenerate dimensions could help...or what they mean

1. What is the difference between gravity and electric force?

Gravity is a force of attraction between two objects that have mass. It is a fundamental force in the universe and is responsible for the motion of planets, stars, and galaxies. Electric force, on the other hand, is a force between two charged particles. It can be either attractive or repulsive, depending on the charges of the particles.

2. What is the relationship between gravity and electric force?

The relationship between gravity and electric force is that they both follow the inverse square law. This means that the force between two objects decreases with the square of the distance between them. Additionally, both forces are dependent on the masses or charges of the objects involved.

3. How are gravity and electric force similar?

Gravity and electric force are similar in that they are both fundamental forces in the universe. They both act over a distance and are responsible for the motion of objects. They also both follow the inverse square law and are dependent on the masses or charges of the objects involved.

4. Can gravity and electric force cancel each other out?

Yes, gravity and electric force can cancel each other out. This can happen when the forces are equal in magnitude but opposite in direction. For example, the Earth's gravitational force pulls objects towards its center, while the electric force between positively and negatively charged particles can pull them in opposite directions, effectively canceling each other out.

5. How do gravity and electric force work together in everyday life?

Gravity and electric force work together in everyday life in various ways. For example, gravity holds us to the Earth's surface, while electric force is responsible for the chemical reactions in our bodies that keep us alive. Additionally, both forces are involved in the functioning of electronic devices, such as phones and computers, and in the generation of energy through hydroelectric and wind power.