Bedtime Listener For Hire - Help Me Sleep!

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary: There are plenty of nice links, so if philosophy is not your taste, no problem. most of them are pretty short, but i like to listen to them in order so it makes it more interesting.
Gale
i can't sleep! i lay down and too many thoughts in my head. plus my tummy aches cause i forgot to feed it. anyway, i want to lay down and talk to someone, instead of thinking so much, but no one is awake! so i need a service that like, talks to you before bed so you can get stuff off your mind and simmer down and sleep. just like a person who chit chats, and then listens to the silence between my thoughts, and then waits till i fall asleep and hangs up for me. boyfriends are sometimes good for that, but that's not happening right now. i just need someone for hire. a bedtime listener.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's kinda funny no one's ever thought of that: extended telephonic tuck-in service.

You could call a phone dating service maybe. :tongue:

yes! that's an excellent name for it. i promise I'm interesting too. it'd be a great time for my tucker-inner. bed time stories would be fantastic, bonus points if they involve a princess named gale and a heroic night who saves her. man, they really need to have this kinda thing listed in the yellow pages... arg.

TheStatutoryApe said:
You could call a phone dating service maybe. :tongue:

i think that costs too much, and i don't really feel like phone sex. i guess maybe when i get a bit more desperately exhuasted... wtf, don't give me ideas that could get me into trouble!

Gale said:
i think that costs too much, and i don't really feel like phone sex. i guess maybe when i get a bit more desperately exhuasted... wtf, don't give me ideas that could get me into trouble!
I think that most are usually free for women. Ofcourse you'll probably just get a bunch of perverts and lesbians talking to you.

If I had a cell I would talk to you. I can be very boring and would probably put you to sleep in no time. I have to be up all night here at work right now anyway. Sorry I don't have a cell.:frown:

TheStatutoryApe said:
I think that most are usually free for women. Ofcourse you'll probably just get a bunch of perverts and lesbians talking to you.

If I had a cell I would talk to you. I can be very boring and would probably put you to sleep in no time. I have to be up all night here at work right now anyway. Sorry I don't have a cell.:frown:

i didn't realize there was anyone in the world who didn't have a cell. and by the world, i mean the US. and by anyone, i really meant people i knew.

uh yeah. perverts and lesbians are nice, but i like my thursday nights be to relatively pervert and lesbian free.. and i already talked to that guy in the britney spears forum, so I'm perverted out.

I don't have a cell.

I just realized I've been up well over 24 hours with only two half hour cat naps. I still don't feel tired, as in sleepy, though I do feel kinda worn. Could be an insomnia epidemic getting started.

i still can't believe people don't have cell phones. i guess cause I'm young or something.. i dunno. in school, most people don't even know their room or appt phone numbers. some don't even buy phones. everyone has a cell. period.

Plus, tummy aches
Awww, why don'tcha have a pot of honey?

Doesn't your local library have a call-in story line? There's nothing like a good bedtime story before going to sleep. :biggrin:

Gale, do you not have a nightline service or something that you can contact? Most universities in the UK run them every night, but they welcome calls from anyone (doesn't have to be a student of the university), and are always happy just to have a chat and listen to you.

what's a nightline service?

Well, i try listening to something while i sleep. Here is a something that would bore your to ****ing death: http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/philosopher/default.htm [Broken]

there are plenty of nice links, so if philosophy is not your taste, no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is a "Bedtime Listener For Hire"?

A "Bedtime Listener For Hire" is a service where individuals can hire someone to listen to them as they fall asleep. This person is typically trained to provide a calming and soothing presence to help the individual relax and fall asleep.

What is the purpose of a "Bedtime Listener For Hire"?

The purpose of a "Bedtime Listener For Hire" is to help individuals who struggle with falling asleep or have trouble quieting their thoughts at night. This service provides a non-judgmental and supportive environment for individuals to feel at ease and fall asleep peacefully.

How does a "Bedtime Listener For Hire" help me sleep?

A "Bedtime Listener For Hire" uses techniques such as deep breathing exercises, guided meditation, and soothing sounds to help individuals relax and drift off to sleep. They also provide a comforting and reassuring presence for individuals who may struggle with anxiety or stress at night.

Is a "Bedtime Listener For Hire" a therapist or counselor?

No, a "Bedtime Listener For Hire" is not a therapist or counselor. They do not provide therapy or diagnose any mental health conditions. Instead, they are trained to provide a relaxing and calming environment for individuals to sleep peacefully.

How can I hire a "Bedtime Listener For Hire"?

You can hire a "Bedtime Listener For Hire" by searching for services online or through word-of-mouth recommendations. It is important to research and read reviews to ensure you are choosing a reputable and qualified individual to help you sleep.