What's the easiest college classes you've taken?

In summary, the conversation is about finding easy classes to boost one's GPA and the fact that what may be easy for one person may not be easy for another. The person mentions a few classes they are considering, but also asks for other suggestions. They also mention that their interest in the subject plays a big role in determining how easy the class is for them. The conversation also touches on the fact that some classes may seem easy but are actually more challenging due to procrastination or a lack of interest. Finally, it is noted that different instructors can make a big difference in the difficulty of a class.
1MileCrash
May sound bad, and I'm sorry if it does, but I want to boost my GPA with some easy classes in addition to my sciences and maths (FINALLY decided to take that required science major biology... ugh)

So far I have
Intro to Health & Phys Ed HPED 252
Careers in Sports Medicine ATTR 101
Intro to American Business BSAD 101

Any other suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
An easy class at one school could be a bear at another...or even within the same school, from different instructors!

But generally, your interest in the subject is probably the biggest driver. Some of my easiest classes were field ornithology. But for someone who doesn't care much for birds, getting up at 4:00 am (on Saturday, no less!), memorizing bird names and bird calls, walking miles and miles sometimes for nothing...all that could probably make ornithology their worst class, ever.

What's easy is different for different people ... historically, I have done worse in bird (not lisab birds but I meant easy :rofl:) courses.

It wad called "signal processing". I did not choose it, it was mandatory in my school. If you are good at maths, it's a piece of cake.

The easy classes seem hard because they are so easy you put off reading them and view them as a waste of time. In any case, most liberal arts classes, i.e. psychology, history, political science, etc..., are all easy classes. IF it is an introduction class, expect to get an A if you read the materials assigned each week.

A lot of it depends on the instructor. My health class is a joke. Intro to music was easy but that's because I already knew the material.

1. What are some of the easiest college classes you've taken?

Some of the easiest college classes I've taken include introductory level courses in psychology, sociology, and communications. These classes typically cover basic concepts and require minimal outside work.

2. Are there any specific subjects or departments that tend to have easier classes?

In my experience, classes in the humanities and social sciences tend to be easier compared to classes in the natural sciences or mathematics. However, this can vary depending on the individual's strengths and interests.

3. Are online classes usually easier than in-person classes?

This can depend on the individual and the course content. Online classes may be easier for some people who prefer independent learning and have strong time management skills. However, for others who thrive in a traditional classroom setting, online classes may be more challenging.

4. Do you have any tips for choosing easy classes in college?

One tip is to research the professor teaching the class. Look for reviews from previous students to get an idea of their teaching style and the difficulty level of their courses. Additionally, talking to upperclassmen or academic advisors can also help in choosing easier classes.

5. Are easy classes worth taking or do they not provide enough academic value?

It ultimately depends on the individual's goals and priorities. If a class is easy and fulfills a requirement or helps maintain a desired GPA, it may be worth taking. However, it's important to also challenge yourself and take classes that align with your academic and career interests.