Any experience with DC pulses?

In summary: I have nothing to prove as it is you making the claims. However, I do have references and quotes from reputable sources that support my statements about Tesla's knowledge and understanding of electrical phenomenon. These can be found in the links provided in the conversation. In summary, the conversation discusses various topics related to Tesla's work, including his self-claimed "non-Hertzian" waves, negative resistance systems, and non-linear phenomenon. The speaker also asks for reference materials and ideas on bypassing Faraday cages. They also mention an attached paper on abnormal voltages within transformers. The conversation also touches on Steinmetz's views on the dielectric field and magnetism. There is a disagreement about Tesla's knowledge and understanding, with one person stating
Deco56
Hi,

I have been looking into Tesla's work and his self claimed "non-Hertzian" waves, some called electrostatic or dieletric pressures waves or rays eletric induction (magnetic and dielectric). I am also interestted in negative resistance systems, transiet phenomenon (pulse wave) and non-linear phenomenon.

Firstly, I'd ask for anyone to link any good reference material with regard to these phenomenon.

Second, I am curious of methods to bypass Faraday cages like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjz-5Lqtxow&sns=em

Any ideas?

Third, I am also interested in the paper I have attached, showing non-typical behaviour of transformers for pulses. Does anyone have similar references or idea why pulsed current exhibit this behaviour. Thanks.

Abnormal Voltages within Transformers - L. F. Blume - AIEE Vol. 38, Part 1, 1919

Engineering news on Phys.org
Not sure why you think non-hertzian waves are garbage. Nikola Tesla mentioned them in his patents and they are not electromagnetic but magneto-dieletric wave or electrostatic waves or eletric rays of induction as seen in plasma waves (I think Tesla had a good grasp on electrical phenomenon). I still have not received a response as to how he bypasses the Faraday cage? You say it doesn't work on low frequency magnetic fields but how do you define frequency for DC square wave? How do you know what frequency he was using? Again, it is not an electromagnetic wave.

Steinmetz said there are two components or eletric field, magnetic and dieletric...and that the charge on conductor concept destroys analogy of dieletric field, thus we have forgot about it.

Deco56 said:
Not sure why you think non-hertzian waves are garbage. Nikola Tesla mentioned them in his patents and they are not electromagnetic but magneto-dieletric wave or electrostatic waves or eletric rays of induction as seen in plasma waves (I think Tesla had a good grasp on electrical phenomenon). I still have not received a response as to how he bypasses the Faraday cage? You say it doesn't work on low frequency magnetic fields but how do you define frequency for DC square wave? How do you know what frequency he was using? Again, it is not an electromagnetic wave.

Telsa didn't have a good grasp on modern electromagnetic theory which is why his ideas on scalar or non-hertzian waves is garbage.

You define frequency by simple analysis like we do with unipolar PWM signals using the pulse duty cycle.
pwm_harmonics.jpg

So let me get this straight, Tesla, inventor of AC generator and 300+ patents did not have a good grasp of electromagnetic theory (I would not use the word 'modern' , very few things have changed over the last century in principle). Again, you did not answer how to determine frequency of DC pulse (is it excitation periood, relaxation period or number of pulses per second?) Also, you did not answer how you knew the frequency? He is using pulsed power, not sure how you knew it was low frequency magnetic field (not explicitly stated).

Also, you did not respond to Steinmetz quote ''Unfortunately, to a large extent in dealing with dielectric fields the prehistoric conception of the electro- static charge (electron) on the conductor still exists, and by its use destroys the analogy between the two components of the electric field, the magnetic and the dielectric, and makes the consideration of dielectric fields unnecessarily complicated.''

Steinmetz continues, ''There is obviously no more sense in thinking of the capacity current as current which charges the conductor with a quantity of electricity, than there is of speaking of the inductance voltage as charging the conductor with a quantity of magnetism. But the latter conception, together with the notion of a quantity of magnetism, etc., has vanished since Faraday's representation of the magnetic field by lines of force."

Deco56 said:
So let me get this straight, Tesla, inventor of AC generator and 300+ patents did not have a good grasp of electromagnetic theory (I would not use the word 'modern' , very few things have changed over the last century in principle).

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=4801065&postcount=4

This is what I think of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFOVtr9fbk

Last edited:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tesla/esp_tesla_51.htm

I'm sad that you underestimate his knowledge of electrical phenomenon. If this is not evident from his 300+ patents, inventions and quotes, there is no hope for you, sir.

Deco56 said:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tesla/esp_tesla_51.htm

I'm sad that you underestimate his knowledge of electrical phenomenon. If this is not evident from his 300+ patents, inventions and quotes, there is no hope for you, sir.

the problem is ... too many people OVERESTIMATE his knowledge/understanding

Yes he did get a lot of things right, but got a lot blatantly wrong as well
and you have latched onto one of those wrong things

regards
Dave

PS... Ohhh, and a patent doesn't give something credibility or that it will work
people patent ideas all the time without having a functioning prototype

Last edited:
That is your opinion, and you have done nothing to prove it so it remains an opinion. Other responses and references are welcome.

I have no underestimated Tesla...you might be forgetting they seized all of his private research when he died...he knew more than you think, mainstream science refuses to accept this...

Deco56 said:
That is your opinion, and you have done nothing to prove it so it remains an opinion. Other responses and references are welcome.

I have no underestimated Tesla...you might be forgetting they seized all of his private research when he died...he knew more than you think, mainstream science refuses to accept this...

I have nothing to prove
as it is you making the claims

in the mean time I have asked the mentors to review the thread
suggesting it falls into the realm of woowoo science

regards
Dave

Thread locked pending moderation.

This is nonsense. Thread will remain locked.

Likes 1 person

1. What is a DC pulse?

A DC pulse, also known as a direct current pulse, is a short burst of direct current electricity that flows in only one direction. It is typically used in electronic devices to provide a quick and controlled burst of energy.

2. How is a DC pulse different from an AC pulse?

The main difference between a DC pulse and an AC pulse is the direction of the current flow. In a DC pulse, the current flows in only one direction, while in an AC pulse, the direction of the current flow constantly changes. Additionally, DC pulses tend to have a shorter duration than AC pulses.

3. What are some common applications of DC pulses?

DC pulses have a wide range of applications, including in electronic circuits, medical devices, and industrial equipment. They are commonly used in devices that require precise and controlled bursts of energy, such as defibrillators, pacemakers, and lasers.

4. How are DC pulses generated?

DC pulses can be generated using a variety of methods, including batteries, generators, and specialized electronic circuits. The most common method is through the use of capacitors, which store electrical charge and can release it in a quick burst to create the pulse.

5. Are there any potential risks associated with DC pulses?

While DC pulses can be safely used in many applications, they can also pose a risk of electrical shock if not handled properly. It is important to follow proper safety precautions when working with DC pulses, such as using insulated tools and wearing protective gear.