Troubleshooting IE7 and Vista with PF Library

• Bug
  • Thread starter Hootenanny
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with creating a new article for the library. A dialogue box appears asking for a title, even though one has already been entered. The issue is confirmed by another person and it is mentioned that using Firefox solves the problem.
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When I attempt to create a new article for the library, a dialogue box appears informing me that I need to enter a title even I've already typed in a title.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Running IE7 with Vista.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hootenanny said:
When I attempt to create a new article for the library, a dialogue box appears informing me that I need to enter a title even I've already typed in a title.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Running IE7 with Vista.

I had a similar problem Hoot when I was trying to create that rotating reference frames entry if you remember.

Thanks Kurdt, I've downloaded Firefox and it works a dream :smile:

1. How do I troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues on Windows Vista?

To troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues on Windows Vista, you can use the PF Library (Problem Frequency Library) tool. This tool helps identify the most commonly encountered problems and provides solutions for them. You can access the PF Library tool by going to the Start menu, clicking on All Programs, and then selecting Internet Explorer. From there, click on Tools and then select "PF Library" from the drop-down menu.

2. What is the PF Library tool and how does it work?

The PF Library tool is a troubleshooting tool designed specifically for Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista. It works by analyzing the frequency of specific problems encountered by users and providing solutions based on that data. It also allows you to submit your own problems and solutions to contribute to the database.

3. Can I use the PF Library tool for other versions of Internet Explorer and Windows?

No, the PF Library tool is only available for Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista. It is not compatible with other versions of Internet Explorer or Windows operating systems.

4. How do I submit a problem or solution to the PF Library tool?

To submit a problem or solution to the PF Library tool, click on the "Submit a problem or solution" link within the tool. This will open a new window where you can enter the details of the problem or solution. Make sure to provide as much information as possible to help other users.

5. Can I access the PF Library tool if I am not connected to the internet?

Yes, you can still access the PF Library tool even if you are not connected to the internet. However, you will not be able to submit new problems or solutions or update the existing database. You can still use the tool to troubleshoot and find solutions for known problems.