Anti-gravitons affect on photons?

• Thread starter taeth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photons
In summary: For example, a rock can be said to have mass because it has symmetry about its center of mass. However, a rock can't be said to have spin because it doesn't have any rotational symmetry. Similarly, particles can have mass, but not spin.
taeth
Black holes are known to absorp photons at almost every frequency (Except Hawking radiation to my knowledge) my question is do anti-gravitons affect photons in an oppositive fashion(repel photons)? Or do photons get absorbed by them(anti-gravitons) aswell?

Physics news on Phys.org
taeth said:
Black holes are known to absorp photons at almost every frequency (Except Hawking radiation to my knowledge) my question is do anti-gravitons affect photons in an oppositive fashion(repel photons)? Or do photons get absorbed by them(anti-gravitons) aswell?

Question no.1:What are antiparticles??

Daniel.

Particles with an opposite charge example: Electron, and positron, but they have same mass and spin

It's not the most rigurous definition,but it works...

Question no. 2:What is an antiphoton?

Daniel.

Are you just basically saying that anti gravitons affect just anti-photons?

taeth said:
Are you just basically saying that anti gravitons affect just anti-photons?

Nope,i'm saying that antigravitons and antiphotons do not exist...They are identical to their counterparts,simple because they do not have an electric charge.

As for the question itself...We have't even proven gravitons exist...

Daniel.

Antigravitons are theorized to spin oppositely of gravitons thus making their attraction opposite, but then a lot of things theory right now so I figured people would have theorized this.

taeth said:
Antigravitons are theorized to spin oppositely of gravitons thus making their attraction opposite.

:eek: Explain this assertion.Maybe some formulas... :rolleyes:

Daniel.

P.S.Begin with the definition of antigravitons...

k brb ... you have method for writting pi, and other thigns cause I can't seem to use most of the symbols...

taeth said:
k brb ... you have method for writting pi, and other thigns cause I can't seem to use most of the symbols...

Can u write in Tex??This site has a built-in compiler which would put any code-lines into nice formulas...

Daniel.

K um can I just give you link to the site, because it would be easier. I'll find it tomorrow

Only half spin particles have anti-particles by any physics I know. A photon is a spin 1 particle and a graviton is a spin 2 particle, in theory. The term spin, as used in particle physics, is a descriptive convention that relates to symmetry. It is not the same as spin in kinetics.

1. How do anti-gravitons affect photons?

Anti-gravitons, also known as gravitons, are theoretical particles that are thought to be responsible for the force of gravity. When photons, which are particles of light, interact with anti-gravitons, they experience a change in their momentum and trajectory. This is because gravitons have a negative mass and can exert a repulsive force on photons, causing them to bend or be redirected.

2. Can anti-gravitons cancel out the effects of gravity on photons?

While anti-gravitons can exert a repulsive force on photons, they cannot completely cancel out the effects of gravity. This is because gravity is a much stronger force and requires a large number of anti-gravitons to counteract it. Additionally, the exact nature of gravitons and their interactions with photons is still not fully understood, so it is not possible to manipulate them in a controlled manner to cancel out gravity.

3. Do anti-gravitons affect the speed of photons?

According to the theory of relativity, the speed of light, which is the speed of photons, is constant and unaffected by external forces. This means that anti-gravitons do not have the ability to change the speed of photons. However, they can alter the path that photons take, which may give the illusion of a change in speed.

4. Are there any real-world applications for the interaction between anti-gravitons and photons?

At this point, the interaction between anti-gravitons and photons is purely theoretical and has not been observed in experiments. Therefore, there are no practical applications for this phenomenon yet. However, understanding the behavior of anti-gravitons and their effects on photons could potentially lead to advancements in our understanding of gravity and the universe.

5. Can anti-gravitons be used to create anti-gravity devices?

While the concept of anti-gravity devices may seem appealing, it is currently not possible to create them using anti-gravitons. As mentioned earlier, anti-gravitons are theoretical particles and their existence has not been confirmed. Even if they do exist, manipulating them in a controlled manner to create anti-gravity is still beyond our current technological capabilities.