Did my TI-89 calculator's pixels die due to age or heat?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter amcavoy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ti-89
In summary, pixels can die in a TI-89 calculator due to age, physical damage, or a defect in the display screen. Unfortunately, dead pixels cannot be fixed and the only solution is to replace the entire display screen. A dead pixel can be identified as a small black or white dot or a colored pixel that does not match the rest of the display. Whether dead pixels are covered under warranty for a TI-89 calculator depends on the manufacturer's policy. While dead pixels typically do not affect the overall performance of the calculator, a large number of dead pixels can potentially hinder its functionality.
amcavoy
A whole row of pixels just mysteriously disappeared while I was using my calculator. Age maybe? It's about three years old.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Try changing the battery.

apmcavoy said:
A whole row of pixels just mysteriously disappeared while I was using my calculator. Age maybe? It's about three years old.

If they get too hot this can happen...did you leave it in your car on a hot day by chance?

there is not much you can do about it. sorry...

1. What causes pixels to die in a TI-89 calculator?

Pixels can die in a TI-89 calculator due to age, physical damage, or a defect in the display screen. Exposure to extreme temperatures can also cause pixels to malfunction or die.

2. Can dead pixels be fixed in a TI-89 calculator?

Unfortunately, dead pixels cannot be fixed in a TI-89 calculator. Once a pixel dies, it cannot be revived. The only solution is to replace the entire display screen.

3. How do I know if a pixel is dead in my TI-89 calculator?

A dead pixel in a TI-89 calculator will appear as a small black or white dot on the screen. It may also appear as a colored pixel that does not match the rest of the display.

4. Are dead pixels covered under warranty for a TI-89 calculator?

This depends on the warranty policy of the manufacturer. Some warranties may cover dead pixels, while others may not. It is best to check with the manufacturer or refer to the warranty documentation.

5. Can dead pixels affect the overall performance of my TI-89 calculator?

In most cases, dead pixels do not affect the overall performance of a TI-89 calculator. However, if a large number of pixels die and make it difficult to read the display, it can affect the functionality of the calculator.