How to save *.wav files from pirsa.org ?

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    files
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of saving streamed lecture files from pirsa.org, particularly from a Linux computer. It is suggested to either right click on the file or wait for it to download to the temp file in order to save it. The question of the permanence of the link to the course lectures on the website is also brought up.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
If there is a way to save a copy of the streamed *wav files of lectures in pirsa.org, it would useful to explain how to do it in the thread about that site in the learning materials section. I'd particularly like to know how to save them from a Linux computer.

Edit: In my browser the option of right clicking on the file instead of left clicking works to save it. But suppose you impetuously start streaming a video and 20 minutes into it you decide you want to save it. Is there a way? In Linux, the Youtube videos create a file in the /tmp directory. If you pause the play and let the download complete, you can copy that file from /tmp and save it somewhere.

A related question. Does anyone know how permanent the link http://www.perimeterscholars.org/266.html is likely to be. When I goto the homepage of pirsa.org, I don't see any obvious way to navigate to the course lectures. Is there a way?

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Stephen Tashi said:
If there is a way to save a copy of the streamed *wav files of lectures in pirsa.org, it would useful to explain how to do it in the thread about that site in the learning materials section. I'd particularly like to know how to save them from a Linux computer.

Edit: In my browser the option of right clicking on the file instead of left clicking works to save it. But suppose you impetuously start streaming a video and 20 minutes into it you decide you want to save it. Is there a way? In Linux, the Youtube videos create a file in the /tmp directory. If you pause the play and let the download complete, you can copy that file from /tmp and save it somewhere.

So you know you can right click and save it or you can wait for it to download to the temp file, what more do you want to know? What more is there to tell you? You've answered your own question.

If you're 20 minutes in, you still have to right click and save it or go to the temp files. Either way it has to download the full thing.

1. How do I download a .wav file from pirsa.org?

To download a .wav file from pirsa.org, simply go to the website and navigate to the page where the file is located. Then, click on the download button or link provided next to the file. This will prompt the file to download to your computer.

2. Can I save a .wav file from pirsa.org on my phone or tablet?

Yes, you can save a .wav file from pirsa.org on your phone or tablet. You can either download the file directly to your device or download it to a computer and transfer it to your device later.

3. Is it legal to download .wav files from pirsa.org?

As a scientist, it is important to follow ethical guidelines and copyright laws. It is recommended to only download .wav files from pirsa.org for personal or educational use, and not for commercial purposes without proper permission.

4. How do I know if the .wav file on pirsa.org is of high quality?

Pirsa.org is a reputable website that curates scientific resources, so the .wav files on the site are likely to be of high quality. However, you can check the file's specifications, such as sample rate and bit depth, to ensure it meets your standards.

5. Can I convert .wav files from pirsa.org to other audio formats?

Yes, you can convert .wav files from pirsa.org to other audio formats using various software or online converters. Keep in mind that converting a file can affect its quality, so it is recommended to use a reliable converter and check the quality of the converted file before using it.