Whistle Tooth Training: Learn How to Talk with Wooden Teeth!

• Thread starter "pi"mp
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Teeth
In summary, the conversation is about learning how to speak with a sharp whistle on every "s" sound, also known as being a "whistle tooth." Some people find this speech impediment annoying, but others are interested in learning it. It is caused by dental treatments that alter the front teeth, and some people purposely train themselves to do it.
"pi"mp
Hi,
I was hoping to train myself to become a whistle tooth. This is where you can talk with a sharp whistle on every "s" sound. I think this requires wooden teeth. Does anyone know anything on the subject?

Thanks all!

Physics news on Phys.org
I only know that 2 of my brothers do it when they want to tease me, cause they know that I like it but I can't do it. :grumpy:

I can't even whistle normally. :frown:

"pi"mp said:
Hi,
I was hoping to train myself to become a whistle tooth. This is where you can talk with a sharp whistle on every "s" sound. I think this requires wooden teeth. Does anyone know anything on the subject?

Thanks all!
It's an annoying speech impediment. Why on Earth would you want to sound annoying?

Dr. Turbyfill is listening not for his patients’ dramatic flair, but for their s’s. The letter’s normal hiss can turn into a distracting whistle as an unexpected and unhappy result of any dental treatment that alters the contour or position of the front teeth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/01/science/01whis.html?_r=0

TTTSSSSSSSummmer TSQuash?

Last edited by a moderator:
Step 1: Learn how to wistle with your tounge (i.e. not with fingers or with your lips)
Step 2: Practice incorporating that whistle into speech.
Step 3: Watch as the people around you slowly start avoiding you

Travis_King said:
Step 1: Learn how to wistle with your tounge (i.e. not with fingers or with your lips)
Step 2: Practice incorporating that whistle into speech.
Step 3: Watch as the people around you slowly start avoiding you

Haha!

To me, I'm only interested in number one. It's good to know how to Whistle without using hands, it's really handy.

1. What is Whistle Tooth Training?

Whistle Tooth Training is a unique method of teaching individuals how to talk using wooden teeth. It involves specific techniques and exercises to help improve speech and articulation while wearing wooden teeth.

2. Who can benefit from Whistle Tooth Training?

Anyone who is interested in learning how to talk with wooden teeth can benefit from this training. It is especially helpful for actors, historical reenactors, and individuals with missing or damaged teeth.

3. How long does it take to learn how to talk with wooden teeth?

The time it takes to learn how to talk with wooden teeth varies from person to person. Some may pick it up quickly, while others may require more practice. Generally, it takes several weeks to months of consistent training to see significant improvement.

4. Are there any risks or side effects associated with Whistle Tooth Training?

No, there are no known risks or side effects associated with Whistle Tooth Training. However, it is essential to follow proper techniques and consult with a professional if you experience any discomfort or pain.

5. Can I still speak normally without wooden teeth after completing Whistle Tooth Training?

Yes, Whistle Tooth Training is designed to improve your speech and articulation with wooden teeth, but it does not affect your ability to speak without them. You can switch back and forth between talking with and without wooden teeth as needed.