What Does "Meh" Mean? Definition and Examples

• Thread starter fargoth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Definition
In summary, the conversation discussed the use of the word "meh" and its various meanings and applications, as well as a definition for Internet Explorer as a tool to download the preferred web browser, Firefox.
fargoth
i started seeing this word everywhere, so i had to find out... here it is:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meh&page=1"

my favourite definition is:

used in the greatest tv show of all time The Simpsons. in the episode Hungry, Hungry Homer, bart and lisa respond to a homer inquiry with "meh". mystery solved
Homer: Kids, how would you like to go... to Blockoland!
Bart & Lisa: Meh.
Homer: But the TV. gave the impression that--
Bart: We said "meh".
Lisa: M-E-H. Meh.

oh and thst one too :biggrin:

1. Can be used whenever you want to make someone confused and confuzzledCan be used as the answer to any question asked, in any situation.
2. usually used worldwide by teenagers to piss off their parents. usually causing the parents to scream with fustration and the kid to feel great satisfaction that 1 word can cause to much grief to a parent
1.Person#1: Oh, ****! that guy just got crushed by a huge boulder !
Person#2: Meh.
2.parent: You need to clean your room
kid: meh
parent: you'll be late for school!
parent: for ****s sake wil you get up off your arse all you do is sit there all day!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
...meh...

Lisa!: Meh :grumpy:

meh... I do like reading definitions from tha urban dictionary though.Here is a definition for Internet Explorer:
------
A simple Windows XP tool which allows the user to browse to Mozilla.com and download Firefox, a web browser.
As soon as I installed XP I opened Internet Explorer and grabbed the latest version of Firefox.
------
:rofl: :smile:

The funny thing is that you can't usually find 2 person who have agreement on 1 definition!

1. What does "meh" mean?

"Meh" is a slang term that is used to express indifference or lack of enthusiasm towards something. It can also convey a sense of apathy or boredom.

2. Where did the term "meh" originate?

The term "meh" is believed to have originated in the 1990s on the animated TV show, The Simpsons. However, it gained widespread popularity in the early 2000s through its use on the internet and social media.

3. Can "meh" be used in different contexts?

Yes, "meh" can be used in various contexts. It can be used to express a lack of interest or enthusiasm towards a particular topic or situation, or it can be used as a response to something that is considered average or mediocre.

4. Is "meh" considered a positive or negative term?

"Meh" is considered a neutral term, neither positive nor negative. It is often used to convey a sense of indifference or ambivalence towards something.

5. Are there any alternative spellings or variations of "meh"?

Yes, there are several variations of "meh" such as "mehh," "mehhh," and "mehhhh." These variations are used to exaggerate the feeling of indifference or boredom.