Free Audio Extractor Tool From Video - No 30 Second Limit!

In summary: But it's the only way I've ever been able to do it.In summary, you can use mplayer to extract audio from video, or use Windows sound recorder and have the recording in the background. There is a possibility of quality loss, and the possibility of introducing electrical noise.
madmike159
Gold Member
Does anyone know where I can get a good free tool that takes the audio from video. I found some but they only do 1/2 of what you want or up to 30 seconds.

Computer science news on Phys.org
What kind of video?
mplayer should be able to do it.

Probaly AVI, definatly one that can be played in WMP. I have WMP 10, how would I do it in there?

I used to do it using plain old Windows sound recorder. Have that recording in the background at the same time as the video is playing. It seemed to work OK for me. I used this to pull some songs off of movies on DVD.

FredGarvin said:
I used to do it using plain old Windows sound recorder. Have that recording in the background at the same time as the video is playing. It seemed to work OK for me. I used this to pull some songs off of movies on DVD.

Although that works, there might be some loss of quality since your method probably has to undergo some digital->analog->digital conversions... as well as be done in real-time [the full-duration of the media].

If the movie is AVI (or WMV or MPG.. possibly with the aid of free plugins), you might be able to extract the digital audio content with http://www.virtualdub.org/ . Open the video file in VirtualDub... File->Extract Wav... Admittedly, this might be overkill for this task... but I use VirtualDub for a lot of my videoediting tasks.

I've always just used Audacity. I take a cord and connect the headphone output and then put the other end in the microphone input. It has worked fine for me every time so far.

Stevedye56 said:
I've always just used Audacity. I take a cord and connect the headphone output and then put the other end in the microphone input. It has worked fine for me every time so far.

While this also works, there's now the possibility of introducing electrical noise (e.g., hum) into the audio recording. This must also be done in the full-duration of the media.

One other possible problem with these "recording" (as opposed to extracting) techniques is that it's possible to [momentarily?] mess up your recordings if your computer somehow gets distracted [heavy disk access or cpu usage by other programs] while recording.

Last edited:
Stevedye56 said:

Yea it does make it sound quite bad.

1. What is the purpose of the Free Audio Extractor Tool From Video?

The purpose of the Free Audio Extractor Tool From Video is to allow users to extract audio from video files without any limitations or restrictions, such as a 30-second limit.

2. How does the Free Audio Extractor Tool From Video work?

The tool works by using advanced algorithms to separate the audio track from the video file and convert it into a standalone audio file. This process is quick and efficient, and does not affect the quality of the audio.

3. Is the Free Audio Extractor Tool From Video easy to use?

Yes, the tool is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. Users simply need to upload their video file, select the desired audio format, and click on the "Extract" button to start the extraction process. The extracted audio file will be available for download once the process is complete.

4. Can I use the Free Audio Extractor Tool From Video for commercial purposes?

Yes, the tool is completely free to use for both personal and commercial purposes. However, it is always recommended to check the copyright and usage permissions for the video file before extracting its audio.

5. Are there any file size limitations for using the Free Audio Extractor Tool From Video?

No, the tool does not have any file size limitations. It can extract audio from videos of any size, as long as there is enough storage space on the device or computer being used.