Create Shortcut in Mozilla: Quick Guide

• Thread starter pivoxa15
  • Start date
In summary: To add it back, follow these steps:1)Right click on the toolbar and select Customize.2)On the Appearance tab, uncheck the box next to "Bookmarks Toolbar."3)Click on the Apply button and then OK to save your changes.
pivoxa15
How do I create a short cut in Mozilla? At the moment it is not letting me create a short cut on the tool bar.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Drag and drop should work.

I did that, nothing happened. WHen it did work there was a vertical bar but now it's not there and when I unclick, the icon dosen't stay on the toolbar. Moreover, since this problem all previous bookmarks have been deleted. What's happened?

How about the create shortcut option, have you tried that? What version are you using anyway? Could even be a virus in your system.

Where is the 'create shortcut option' located?

Right-click on the Mozilla application icon and you should find it in the menu, if you are using Windows that is.

I just right click in the toolbar area and select "new bookmark." A new shortcut pops right up.

pivoxa15 said:
I did that, nothing happened. WHen it did work there was a vertical bar but now it's not there and when I unclick, the icon dosen't stay on the toolbar. Moreover, since this problem all previous bookmarks have been deleted. What's happened?

Do the previous bookmarks still appear in the drop down Bookmarks menu?
If so, then maybe you have turned off the bookmarks toolbar. Right click on one of the other toolbars near the top and select Customize.

arunbg said:
Right-click on the Mozilla application icon and you should find it in the menu, if you are using Windows that is.

Where is the Mozilla application icon?

I am sorry I misread your question, I thought you were having trouble with creating a shortcut of Firefox. To view your bookmarks on the toolbar, do the following:

1)Go to View -> Toolbars and make sure the Bookmarks Toolbar option is checked.
2)Now click on the Bookmarks toolbar and select New Bookmark. Fill in details of the Bookmark in the form.

From the looks of it, as robphy suggested you must have mistakenly removed the bookmarks toolbar.

1. How do I create a shortcut in Mozilla Firefox?

To create a shortcut in Mozilla Firefox, you can simply right-click on the webpage you want to create a shortcut for and select "Create Shortcut" from the menu. This will create a shortcut on your desktop for easy access to the webpage.

2. Can I customize the name and location of the shortcut?

Yes, you can customize the name and location of the shortcut by right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Properties". From there, you can change the name and location of the shortcut as desired.

3. How can I create a shortcut for a specific tab in Mozilla Firefox?

To create a shortcut for a specific tab in Mozilla Firefox, you can first switch to the desired tab and then right-click on the tab and select "Bookmark This Tab". This will create a bookmark for the tab, which you can then access from the bookmarks bar or by searching in the bookmarks menu.

4. Is it possible to create a shortcut for a specific website with a custom icon?

Yes, it is possible to create a shortcut for a specific website with a custom icon by first creating a regular shortcut for the website and then right-clicking on the shortcut and selecting "Properties". From there, you can click on the "Change Icon" button and select a custom icon for your shortcut.

5. Can I create a shortcut in Mozilla Firefox without using the right-click menu?

Yes, you can create a shortcut in Mozilla Firefox without using the right-click menu by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the browser and selecting "Customize". From there, you can drag and drop the "New Shortcut" button onto your toolbar for easy access.