Design Pump w/ 158m & 250m Water Levels

In summary, you would need to design a system that can accommodate high water levels and withstand hydro testing failures.
nani
how to design a pump with top water level at the intake is 158m and to the treatment plant of 250m top water level

Engineering news on Phys.org
nani said:
how to design a pump with top water level at the intake is 158m and to the treatment plant of 250m top water level

What is the context of your question? If it is a school question, could you please show us the full question?

You actually want to design a pump or you just want to design a system and select a pump?

If this was a real life situation, would it fall on a Mechanical Engineers guard or Civil or both?

Probably mechanical.

iam doing a project on water supply for my design project class in school.how can i start with the design.data available are top water level for intake top water level for treatment plant top water level for storage reservior, the distances from intake to treatment plant and from treatment plant to storage.how can i desing my intake structure and its capacity?

nani said:
iam doing a project on water supply for my design project class in school.how can i start with the design.data available are top water level for intake top water level for treatment plant top water level for storage reservior, the distances from intake to treatment plant and from treatment plant to storage.how can i desing my intake structure and its capacity?

What are the requirements and restrictions of the project? What all do you need to design (e.g. piping system, structure)?

CS

i am doing a project on 60km water pipe line from parvathi river,rajasthan.here the water level is high.so hydro testing is getting fail for several times.K-9 Ductile pipe of 600mm dia pipe-line.how to get success in it.i am fresher for this field.

What is the purpose of a design pump with 158m and 250m water levels?

A design pump with 158m and 250m water levels is used to move water from a lower elevation (158m) to a higher elevation (250m). This can be useful for irrigation, water supply, and other industrial purposes.

What factors should be considered when designing a pump for specific water levels?

When designing a pump for specific water levels, factors such as the flow rate of the water, the distance it needs to be moved, the desired pressure, and the type of terrain (e.g. flat or hilly) should all be taken into account. The type and size of the pump should also be chosen based on these factors.

How does a pump with 158m and 250m water levels work?

A pump with 158m and 250m water levels works by using a motor or engine to power an impeller, which creates a vacuum that draws water into the pump. The impeller then pushes the water through a series of pipes or channels, using the force of the vacuum and the pressure created by the rotation of the impeller to move the water to a higher elevation.

What are the benefits of using a design pump with 158m and 250m water levels?

A design pump with 158m and 250m water levels can provide a reliable and efficient means of moving water to a higher elevation. It can also be customized to fit specific needs and can be used in a variety of industries, such as agriculture, construction, and mining.

What are some considerations for maintaining a pump with 158m and 250m water levels?

Regular maintenance is important for ensuring the proper functioning of a pump with 158m and 250m water levels. This can include checking for any leaks, cleaning or replacing filters, and monitoring the pump's performance. It is also important to follow manufacturer's guidelines and schedule routine maintenance checks to prevent any major issues from occurring.