What Types of Engineering to Build an Electronic Device?

In summary, an engineer degree is required for this job, but which one is best for you depends on your goals. If you want to be a CEO and co-founder, a degree in engineering is required, but if you just want to manage the project, a non-engineering degree will do.
Pagn
I want to start an electronic company, but I don't know what are all the types of engineering jobs that are capable to build an electronic device (Ex: Cell Phone, Tablet). When I get to University, I'm planning to make some friends who have a degree on it. Also, I need to know what the jobs really do. I mean if this jobs required an electronic engineer and ..., tell me what they can do with the cellphone or tablet.

Ok, Thank you a million!

At the same time, which engineer degree for this job is better for me? I want to managed the project as a CEO and Co-Founder.

Engineering news on Phys.org
If you aren't even sure what types of engineering would be required to design an electronic device I think the best idea is just focus on your education and worry about starting the next Apple later...

Floid said:
If you aren't even sure what types of engineering would be required to design an electronic device I think the best idea is just focus on your education and worry about starting the next Apple later...
I agree.

Pagn said:
I want to start an electronic company, but I don't know what are all the types of engineering jobs that are capable to build an electronic device (Ex: Cell Phone, Tablet). When I get to University, I'm planning to make some friends who have a degree on it. Also, I need to know what the jobs really do. I mean if this jobs required an electronic engineer and ..., tell me what they can do with the cellphone or tablet.

Ok, Thank you a million!

At the same time, which engineer degree for this job is better for me? I want to managed the project as a CEO and Co-Founder.

Good advice has been given so far. I'd also recommend you read a couple books about entrepreneurial successes, and the things that went into them. This one was a fun read for me:

"Fire in the Valley" -- the making of the personal computer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071358927/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I can provide some insight into the types of engineering that are involved in building an electronic device. First and foremost, electrical engineering is essential in the design and development of electronic devices. This includes understanding circuitry, power systems, and signal processing. Additionally, computer engineering plays a crucial role in the software and programming aspects of electronic devices. Mechanical engineering also plays a part in designing the physical components of the device, such as the casing and buttons.

In terms of managing the project as a CEO and Co-Founder, a degree in business or management would be beneficial. This would help you understand the financial, marketing, and operational aspects of running an electronic company. It is also important to have a strong understanding of the engineering principles involved in order to effectively communicate and make decisions about the development of your devices.

As for what each job specifically does, an electronic engineer would be responsible for designing and testing the electronic components of the device, ensuring that they function correctly and efficiently. A computer engineer would handle the software and programming aspects, including developing the user interface and ensuring compatibility with various operating systems. A mechanical engineer would focus on the physical design and functionality of the device, making sure it is durable and user-friendly.

In conclusion, a combination of electrical, computer, and mechanical engineering is necessary to build an electronic device. However, as a CEO and Co-Founder, it would also be beneficial to have a business or management degree to effectively lead and manage your company. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

1. What is the difference between electrical engineering and computer engineering?

Electrical engineering focuses on the design and development of electrical systems, while computer engineering involves the development of computer hardware and software. In terms of building an electronic device, electrical engineers may work on the power supply and circuit design, while computer engineers may work on the programming and control systems.

2. What type of engineering is best for building a smartphone?

Building a smartphone requires a combination of electrical engineering, computer engineering, and mechanical engineering. Electrical engineers may work on the circuit design and power supply, computer engineers may work on the software and programming, and mechanical engineers may work on the physical design and packaging of the device.

3. Is a degree in engineering necessary to build an electronic device?

While having a degree in engineering can provide a strong foundation and knowledge in the field, it is not always necessary to build an electronic device. With the availability of online resources and DIY kits, individuals with a strong interest and dedication can also learn and build electronic devices on their own.

4. What type of engineering is needed to build a robotic device?

Building a robotic device requires a combination of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and computer engineering. Electrical engineers may work on the power supply and control systems, mechanical engineers may work on the physical design and movement mechanisms, and computer engineers may work on the programming and artificial intelligence aspects of the device.

5. Can a single engineer handle all aspects of building an electronic device?

It is possible for a single engineer to handle all aspects of building an electronic device, but it may not be the most efficient approach. Building an electronic device requires a wide range of skills and knowledge, and having a team of engineers with different specializations can lead to a more successful and well-rounded final product.