I need to interview an engineer, asking him questions about his or her career.

In summary, the speaker was given an assignment to interview an engineer about their career, but had trouble finding one as they did not know any personally. They are now looking for an engineer who would be willing to answer some questions about their career, including their interests, educational background, type of engineering, and design process. However, due to privacy and anti-phishing reasons, interview threads are not allowed on the PF anymore.
Interview
About a week ago, I was given an assignment to interview an engineer, asking things such as why he started his career and what his proffesion was. However, there is a problem. I do not know any engineers, I failed to find any engineers in my family or through any of my families friends. So I am looking for an engineer who would be willing to answer some simple questions about their career.

Name (Optional):

What made you interested in engineering?:

What is your educational background?:

What kind of engineering do you do?:

What is your design process?:

If you wish to answer these questions, that would be great. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, for privacy and anti-phishing reasons, we do not allow interview threads on the PF anymore.

1. What inspired you to become an engineer?

Many engineers are drawn to the field because of their curiosity and passion for problem-solving. For me, I was always interested in how things worked and enjoyed math and science in school. I was also inspired by engineers who were making a positive impact on the world through their work.

2. What is your educational background and how did it prepare you for your career?

I have a degree in [specific engineering field] from [university/college]. My education provided me with a strong foundation in technical skills and knowledge, as well as the ability to think critically and solve complex problems. It also introduced me to various engineering concepts and principles that I use in my daily work.

3. Can you describe a typical day in your engineering career?

A typical day for me usually involves collaborating with my team on projects, conducting research and analysis, designing and testing prototypes, and communicating with clients or stakeholders. I also spend time staying updated on industry developments and advancements in technology.

4. What has been the most challenging project you have worked on as an engineer?

One of the most challenging projects I have worked on was [specific project]. It required us to come up with innovative solutions to overcome various technical and logistical obstacles. However, it was also one of the most rewarding experiences as we were able to successfully complete the project and make a positive impact.

5. How do you see the field of engineering evolving in the future?

The field of engineering is constantly evolving with new technologies and advancements. I believe that in the future, engineers will play a crucial role in solving global challenges such as climate change and sustainability. There will also be a growing demand for engineers in emerging fields such as artificial intelligence and renewable energy.