Modifying Program to Control Current at Maximum Duty Cycle

In summary, The conversation discusses modifying a program to control the current output from hardware based on user input. The speaker is wondering how to control the current at full duty cycle using PWM, as the relationship between voltage and current depends on the load. They are seeking assistance in this matter.
rama1001
Hi,
I want to modify a program that was written long ago. I would like to give the output from hardware as user input. Here, user input deals with current at maximum duty cycle allways. My task is to control the current according to the user input. Let say, if user wants 2kA as O/P and i should only activate my PWM signal until for 2KA and rest should be in sleep.

What i wonder is PWM is only represent the voltage cycles and how can then i control the current at full duty cycle.

Can someone help me out.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You can control voltage or current, but the relationship between voltage and current depends on the load. The simplest load is a resistor R, then V=IR is the relationship.

To reiterate, you cannot control both V and I independent of the load.

What is "Modifying Program to Control Current at Maximum Duty Cycle"?

"Modifying Program to Control Current at Maximum Duty Cycle" is a process in which a program is adjusted or changed in order to regulate the amount of current flowing through a device at its maximum capacity.

Why is it important to control current at maximum duty cycle?

Controlling current at maximum duty cycle is important because it allows for efficient and safe functioning of electronic devices. When current is not regulated, it can lead to damage or malfunction of the device.

How does modifying a program affect the duty cycle?

Modifying a program to control current at maximum duty cycle involves adjusting the program's parameters to regulate the amount of current flowing through the device. This can affect the duty cycle, which is the percentage of time that the device is on during a time period.

What are the benefits of modifying a program to control current at maximum duty cycle?

There are several benefits to modifying a program to control current at maximum duty cycle. These include increased efficiency, improved device performance, and enhanced safety. It can also help extend the lifespan of the device and reduce the risk of overheating or electrical damage.

Are there any risks associated with modifying a program to control current at maximum duty cycle?

While modifying a program to control current at maximum duty cycle can bring many benefits, there are also potential risks involved. These may include changes in the device's behavior, loss of functionality, or damage to the device if the modifications are not done correctly. It is important to carefully follow instructions and make any changes at your own risk.