Black hole has a partiuclar fixed volume

In summary, the concept of a singularity at the core of a black hole is widely believed to be a mathematical artifact and not a physically meaningful aspect of reality. While many believe that black holes have no volume, the singularity, if it exists, would have no volume and infinite density. However, this idea is still debated and not fully understood in the scientific community.
shivakumar06
for example take two halves of a black hole as m1 and m2. since we told black hole has no volume so we take distance between the two halves as 0. by Newtons laws of gravitation the force of gravitation between the halves is infinite. that is the black hole can shrink the universe to a dimensionless point which is absurd.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Who said a black hole has no volume? That is false. The singularity, if it is a real thing and not simply a mathematical concept, has no volume and infinite density, not the black hole itself.

Shivakumar, this is the 2nd post of yours I've responded to and both have been incorrect. Are you here to learn, or to make incorrect assertions? Please ask questions about something if you want to know more about it.

sir i misunderstood the concept that i read. i was thrilled that i found something new:)but actually was wrong.yes i am interested in learning more about science. i would be happy to know more and more from you.

The putative 'singularity' at the core of a black hole is widely believed to be a mathematical artifact due to incomplete modeling by general relativity, not a physically meaningful aspect of reality.

I would like to clarify that black holes do not have a fixed volume. In fact, black holes are known to have a singularity at their center, which is a point of infinite density and zero volume. The concept of two halves of a black hole is not applicable as the singularity cannot be divided. Additionally, the distance between the two halves cannot be zero as it would require the two halves to occupy the same space, which is physically impossible.

Furthermore, the force of gravity between two objects is not infinite, but it increases as the distance between them decreases. In the case of a black hole, the gravitational force is extremely strong due to its immense mass and the singularity at its center.

It is also important to note that the laws of gravitation, specifically Newton's laws, are not applicable in the extreme conditions of a black hole. In order to accurately describe the behavior of a black hole, we need to use Einstein's theory of general relativity.

In summary, the concept of a black hole shrinking the universe to a dimensionless point is not supported by scientific evidence. Black holes are fascinating and complex objects that require further research and understanding. As scientists, it is our duty to approach these topics with careful analysis and avoid making assumptions based on limited understanding.

1. What is a black hole?

A black hole is a region in space where the gravitational pull is so strong that nothing, including light, can escape from it.

2. How does a black hole have a fixed volume?

A black hole has a fixed volume because it is defined by its event horizon, which is the point of no return for anything that enters it. This event horizon is a fixed distance from the singularity, the point of infinite density at the center of a black hole.

3. What determines the size of a black hole's fixed volume?

The size of a black hole's fixed volume is determined by its mass. The more mass a black hole has, the larger its fixed volume will be.

4. Can the fixed volume of a black hole change?

No, the fixed volume of a black hole cannot change. However, the event horizon can expand or contract depending on the amount of matter that falls into the black hole, changing the size of the observable region of the black hole.

5. How do scientists measure the volume of a black hole?

Scientists cannot directly measure the volume of a black hole since it is a region of space where traditional measurements do not apply. Instead, they use indirect methods such as measuring the mass and event horizon of the black hole to determine its volume.