Another theory of the universe based on red and blue shifts

In summary: If you are unhappy with this rule (that we've found works well for us) then I suggest you find a different site.
warriorjoe007
Just looking for some input on an idea I had before I approach a physicist at a college...

Let me know what you think...

Mod note: link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
The doppler shift idea is wrong.

warriorjoe007, Welcome to Physics Forums.

You have failed to check the “rules” here…personal theories like your link are not allowed. They are unbelievable and we don’t want to waste our time or our space on them.

Beware of "junk" science and whacko theories. Please learn to trust those scientists that are "mainstream". They have studied physics and astrophysics are not crackpots like Joe Bass.

Cheers,
Bobbywhy

Obvious problems I can see there:

re: fig 1& 2:
- Doppler shift increase with distance in circular motion is not linear, contradicting the observations.
- In particular, objects in the same orbit, as well as those lying on the line connecting both of them with the centre of rotation(green lines in fig 6) are not doppler shifted, regardless of distance. Again, not what's observed.

re: the galaxy model:
- Stars within galaxies do not follow Kepler's laws. See Galactic rotation curves

re: fig 6:
- Observable universe is homogenous - on large scales, matter(i.e.clusters and superclusters of galaxies) is distributed evenly across the universe. There are no huge empty voids in some particular directions, of the kind that your "spiral universe" would require. And most certainly, all of the matter does not lie in a flat disc.
- Blueshifted galaxies are in our closest neighbourhood only. ALL of the distant galaxies, in all directions, are redshifted. Try to reconcile this with the homogenity.

re: attitude
- I'm new here, and I'm not a professional, so I don't mind that much, but you ARE going to catch some flak from the actual scientists. Touting your personal theories is frowned upon, as it is at heart a very arrogant thing to do. It's basically saying that the (generations of) people who spent their lives learning to understand some subject can be trumped by your armchair insights.

The purpose of this site is to teach and discuss established science. This is not at all a criticism of scientific exploration (I.e the creation of new speculative hypothesis) but we've decided that this isn't the place to do it. The vast majority of personal theories developer by non-experts are flawed, most don't even start with the right axioms. Rather than clutter up our site (as it use to be when this was allowed) with crackpots our rules are quite simple: if you're theory is good enough then get it published and we'll happily discuss it. Until then feel free to use this site to learn but don't push your theory here.

1. What is the red and blue shift theory of the universe?

The red and blue shift theory is a cosmological model that explains the expansion of the universe based on the observation of light from distant objects. It states that the light from objects moving away from us appears to be shifted towards the red end of the spectrum, while light from objects moving towards us appears to be shifted towards the blue end of the spectrum.

2. How does the red and blue shift theory differ from the Big Bang theory?

The Big Bang theory suggests that the universe originated from a single point and has been expanding ever since. The red and blue shift theory, on the other hand, proposes that the expansion of the universe is due to the stretching of space caused by the motion of galaxies away from each other.

3. What evidence supports the red and blue shift theory?

The red and blue shift theory is supported by the observation of the red and blue shifts of light from distant objects, known as the Doppler effect. This effect is seen in the spectra of galaxies, with those farther away showing a greater red shift, indicating that they are moving away from us at a greater speed.

4. Can the red and blue shift theory explain the origin of the universe?

No, the red and blue shift theory does not attempt to explain the origin of the universe. It only explains the current expansion of the universe and how it is continuing to expand at an accelerating rate.

5. How does the red and blue shift theory impact our understanding of the universe?

The red and blue shift theory is an important tool in understanding the large-scale structure of the universe and its evolution. It also provides evidence for the existence of dark energy, a mysterious force that is thought to be responsible for the accelerating expansion of the universe.