How many different alien forms are there?

In summary: You'll be in your cold, cold grave before I ever apologize to a leprechaun.The little people of Ireland will not be pleased if they are called aliens :smile:
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
They have been around for some time now, but where did the idea of little green
men come from, or the big eyed hairless Ivan type, how many different alien forms are there ?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's just a distoration of the human shape produced from nightmares and dreams.

[random crap]This is funny because the maury show just came on and they said something about aliens...[/random crap]

The standard for the appearance of "greys" comes from the guy who wrote communion I believe. Or at least the artist who did his cover art.

yomamma said:
[random crap]This is funny because the maury show just came on and they said something about aliens...[/random crap]
If you watch Maury, you are an alien.

Last edited:
Although the first definitive description of the classic gray alien comes from Betty and Barney Hill, ca. 1961, there were similar references in movies, as well as hints in earlier, historical accounts; depending of course on how you wish to interpret things.

Danger, it came on. It was just a bunch of rednecks taking lie detetor tests.

A likely excuse. :rolleyes:
I'll let you get away with it this time, but if you ever reference him again... :devil:

Danger said:
A likely excuse. :rolleyes:
I'll let you get away with it this time, but if you ever reference him again... :devil:

We'll cut you up and feed you to tribdog, you go that? Good. Artman, make with the clamps.

yomamma said:
Danger, it came on. It was just a bunch of rednecks taking lie detetor tests.

you were talking about the show a few days ago too...

I'm onto you!

yomamma said:

What is Maury and what is so bad about him/her/it ?

wolram said:
They have been around for some time now, but where did the idea of little green men come from,

Yet another excuse to beat up on the Irish?

Doesnt E=MC2 limit where aliens can come from, as long as we accept that this law cannot be broken?

SpaceTiger said:
Yet another excuse to beat up on the Irish?

The little people of Ireland will not be pleased if they are called aliens :smile:

wolram said:
The little people of Ireland will not be pleased if they are called aliens :smile:

The Abu Gogo?

wolram said:
What is Maury and what is so bad about him/her/it ?
You wouldn't believe it if we told you. Let's just say that it's the lowest level to which Yank TV could sink, compared to which anything else on the air is a Mensa meeting.

Ivan Seeking said:
The Abu Gogo?

No Ivan, you will know when the little people are around, your whisky seems to get watered down and your furnature moved around.

wolram said:
The little people of Ireland will not be pleased if they are called aliens.

You'll be in your cold, cold grave before I ever apologize to a leprechaun.

wolram said:
Well they kind of are if they go to differnt place the word Alien means stanger.But there not Extra-terrestials.

wolram said:
No Ivan, you will know when the little people are around, your whisky seems to get watered down and your furnature moved around.
When my whiskey disappears, the furniture starts to move. <hic> :redface:

Entropy said:
It's just a distoration of the human shape produced from nightmares and dreams.
I herd of that I saw a video on the Internet once and it said the designs came form an artisist/pschlologist who talked people how said they where abducted by aliens(which are probally just common sleeping disorder where you open your eyes during REM sleep) and that what they said look like and everone staterd copieing around him and that's where it comes from.

We have got to get spell check back...I can't take this anymore.

Aliens are harmless, but don't ask them for a ride home.

edward said:
Aliens are harmless, but don't ask them for a ride home.
Obiviously you havn't herd what the abductee's said what happened when they got abducted.You don't want to know I didn't go to sleep on the night I found out(I know people don't really get abducted by aliens but it was disturbing)

Danger said:
You wouldn't believe it if we told you. Let's just say that it's the lowest level to which Yank TV could sink, compared to which anything else on the air is a Mensa meeting.
it's not as low as Jerry Springer

wolram said:

Sounds like the Abu Gogo to me.

1. How do scientists know that aliens exist?

Scientists use various methods such as mathematical equations, telescopes, and space probes to search for signs of alien life. They also study the conditions necessary for life to exist and look for similar conditions in other planets or moons.

2. How many different alien forms are there in the universe?

Currently, it is impossible to accurately determine the number of alien forms in the universe as we have not yet discovered or encountered any alien life. However, there are estimated to be billions of planets in our galaxy alone, increasing the chances of alien life existing.

3. Are all alien forms intelligent?

There is no way to know for sure if all alien forms are intelligent. It is possible that some may be similar to microorganisms while others may have advanced intelligence like humans. It ultimately depends on the conditions and evolution of each alien species.

4. How would scientists communicate with alien forms?

Scientists have developed various methods for communicating with potential alien life, including sending radio signals and using mathematical and scientific symbols that could be understood by any intelligent species. However, it is still uncertain if these methods would be effective in communicating with alien life.

5. How would the discovery of alien life impact our understanding of the universe?

The discovery of alien life would have a significant impact on our understanding of the universe. It would provide insights into the diversity of life and the conditions necessary for it to exist. It could also challenge our current beliefs and theories about the origins and existence of life in the universe.