Homework Helper - How to Get the Title

• Thread starter robb_
  • Start date
In summary: Just make sure to post a lot so that people will notice you and maybe award you with the title "Helper."Ah...I didn't realize your age before.
robb_
How does a user attain the title Homework Helper?

Physics news on Phys.org
robb_ said:
How does a user attain the title Homework Helper?
We award "Homework Helper" status to members that have a track record of consistently accurate posts along with a good attitude and willingness to help the student learn rather than just handing out the answers (which is not allowed).

Thank you for the info.

Yeah, just keep posting good stuff in the Homework section. After a while, enough people notice and agree to award the medal. :smile:

Is there a "General Astronomy" Homework Section?

MadScientist 1000 said:
Is there a "General Astronomy" Homework Section?

Not currently. Depending on the nature of the question, it could be asked either in one of the physics HW forums, or the Other Sciences HW forum (a catch-all category for the subjects that don't get a high volume of questions on their own).

Edit: In fact, if you're up to it, there's an astronomy question about 3/4 of the way down the Other Science HW help page that is close to a week old and has yet to receive any responses/help. I don't know if it's too late for that assignment, but if someone is able to help, that woudl be great. :smile:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Not currently. Depending on the nature of the question, it could be asked either in one of the physics HW forums, or the Other Sciences HW forum (a catch-all category for the subjects that don't get a high volume of questions on their own).

Edit: In fact, if you're up to it, there's an astronomy question about 3/4 of the way down the Other Science HW help page that is close to a week old and has yet to receive any responses/help. I don't know if it's too late for that assignment, but if someone is able to help, that woudl be great. :smile:

I'm onto it... Thanks for the tip.

I take the above statement back. The problem is crazy, and I need to learn the formulas first (I'm only 13!) for that kind of stuff. I'll just stay on the Gen Astro section and answer people's problems there.

MadScientist 1000 said:
I take the above statement back. The problem is crazy, and I need to learn the formulas first (I'm only 13!) for that kind of stuff. I'll just stay on the Gen Astro section and answer people's problems there.

I'm in the same position and I'm 4009 years old, I wouldn't worry too much about it, if you hang around long enough you'll earn your knowledge and your medals(that's the most important thing though: knowledge, if you help out you learn more than if you didn't) And if you help out and no one recognises your efforts, well at least you helped, to me that's more important than a shiny chufty badge; I couldn't care less, in fact I hope I never earn one, oh damn, can I get that removed:tongue2: :smile: At the end of the day this forum is about helping others, not about your war heroes, let's face it they don't need a badge of honour anyway, we know.:smile:

Last edited:
Schrodinger's Dog said:
I couldn't care less, in fact I hope I never earn one, oh damn, can I get that removed:tongue2: :smile:

Ha! Then you must act honourable and ask for your PF contributor badge to be removed in an even more honourable way! :tongue2: :biggrin:

radou said:
Ha! Then you must act honourable and ask for your PF contributor badge to be removed in an even more honourable way! :tongue2: :biggrin:

I don't think you can, but if you can I humbly ask that it be removed whilst on a bombing run in a Sopwith camel over occupied France? Or failing that in a ceremony involving some official dignitary? How about a joust?

Problem is of course, my name still shows up in orange, even without it, anyway point is I'm not really that bothered about the brass on my chest.:tongue:

Last edited:
Schrodinger's Dog said:
point is I'm not really that bothered about the brass on my chest.:tongue:

That's the spirit! :cool:

MadScientist 1000 said:

Ah...I didn't realize your age before. You may be better off asking questions than trying to answer them in there.

1. What is a "Homework Helper"?

A "Homework Helper" is a tool or resource that assists students in completing their school assignments. It can come in the form of online platforms, study guides, or other educational materials.

2. How can I get the title of "Homework Helper"?

To get the title of "Homework Helper", you need to create a useful and reliable resource that provides assistance to students with their homework. This can include creating a website, writing a book, or developing an app.

3. Do I need any qualifications to become a "Homework Helper"?

No, you do not need any specific qualifications to become a "Homework Helper". However, having a strong understanding of the subject matter and good communication skills can greatly improve your effectiveness as a "Homework Helper".

4. How can I make my "Homework Helper" stand out?

You can make your "Homework Helper" stand out by providing unique and innovative solutions to common homework problems. Additionally, incorporating visuals and interactive elements can make your resource more engaging and effective for students.

5. Is it ethical to use a "Homework Helper"?

Yes, it is ethical to use a "Homework Helper" as long as you are using it as a tool to assist you in understanding the material and completing your assignments. It is important to still put in effort and use the resource as a guide rather than relying on it entirely for your work.