What are the odds of falling in love with a physicist at an ice cream parlour?

In summary: Well, with looks, you either got it or you don't...lol. I have seen quite a few nerds/geeks that were total hotties! :biggrin:
haaj86
I heard this joke on the latest episode of the Big Bang Theory today and I thought I can share it with you. Penny tells the four guys this joke to pull their attention away from a new girl that just moved into a flat above them, and here it is:

(A physicist goes to an ice cream parlour every week and orders an ice cream for himself and offers an ice cream for the empty stool sitting next to him. This goes on for a while until the owner asks him what he is doing.
The man said “well I’m a physicist and Quantum Mechanics teaches us that it is possible for the matter above this stool to spontaneously turn into a beautiful woman who might accept my offer and fall in love with me”
The owner says” well there are a lot of single beautiful woman come in here every day, so why don’t you buy an ice cream for one of them and they might fall in love with you”.
And the physicist says “yeah, but what are the odds of that happening”!)

The guys found it insulting. :)

Space news on Phys.org
Oh my goodness, I did not know that show was back on. I love it! I love how they have like the prettiest girl with the nerdiest guys like of all time.

mcknia07 said:
Oh my goodness, I did not know that show was back on. I love it! I love how they have like the prettiest girl with the nerdiest guys like of all time.

The Big Bang is a great sitcom. I think all the characters are fantastic and Penny's a cutie pie. I hope they make more episodes with Kripkey as well.

It would be great if they made a show with some hott guys as the dumb ones, not all of us nerdy blondes are ugly and a total ditz! lol

Oh and who in the world is Kripkey?

mcknia07 said:
It would be great if they made a show with some hott guys as the dumb ones, not all of us nerdy blondes are ugly and a total ditz! lol

Oh and who in the world is Kripkey?

It wouldn't do you any good because when women see hot guys, they're too flustered over their appearance to realize the guy's dumb as an anchor. :biggrin:

I've only seen Kripkey on two episodes. He has a problem saying the letter 'L' and 'R', so some of the stuff they have him saying is hilarious.

Gnosis said:
It wouldn't do you any good because when women see hot guys, they're too flustered over their appearance to realize the guy's dumb as an anchor. :biggrin:

I've only seen Kripkey on two episodes. He has a problem saying the letter 'L' and 'R', so some of the stuff they have him saying is hilarious.

So, it's still a hott guy :biggrin: and it's even funnier if he's not smart!

mcknia07 said:
So, it's still a hott guy :biggrin: and it's even funnier if he's not smart!

:rofl: It's a shame us guys can't fake good looks, because we're pretty good at faking dumb when necessary. :biggrin:

Gnosis said:
:rofl: It's a shame us guys can't fake good looks, because we're pretty good at faking dumb when necessary. :biggrin:

Well, with looks, you either got it or you don't...lol. I have seen quite a few nerds/geeks that were total hotties! :biggrin: :!)

What is the "Joke from the Big Bang Theory"?

The "Joke from the Big Bang Theory" is a popular joke from the TV show The Big Bang Theory. The joke goes, "Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip? To get to the same side!" This joke plays on the mathematical concept of a Mobius strip, which is a surface with only one side and one edge.

What is the significance of the joke in the show?

The joke is often used as a way to showcase the intelligence and humor of the main characters in The Big Bang Theory, who are all scientists and engineers. It also highlights the show's use of pop culture references and clever wordplay.

Is the joke scientifically accurate?

While the joke may not have a direct scientific connection, it does demonstrate the characters' knowledge and understanding of advanced mathematical concepts. However, the joke should not be taken too seriously and is primarily used for comedic purposes.

Has the joke been used in any real scientific discussions or research?

There is no evidence of the "Joke from the Big Bang Theory" being used in any serious scientific discussions or research. However, it has become a popular joke among science enthusiasts and may be referenced in casual conversations or presentations.

Are there any variations of the joke?

Yes, there are various versions and adaptations of the joke, including changing the punchline to include other mathematical concepts or making it more specific to certain fields of science. However, the core premise of the joke remains the same.