The truth about Roswell

• Thread starter chief
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's past involvement in a special government program and their belief that the Roswell incident did occur, but not in the way it is commonly portrayed. They mention two crash sites and provide a source for more information, but ultimately dismiss the topic as lacking credibility.
chief
The "truth" about Roswell

Well, probably not, but it is kind of an entertaining story. :smile:

Introduction:
First let me introduce myself. My name is Request Anonymous. I am a retired employee of the U.S. Government. I won't go into any great details about my past, but I was involved in a special program.

As for Roswell, it occurred, but not like the story books tell. There were two crash sites. One southwest of Corona, New Mexico and the second site at Pelona Peak, south of Datil, New Mexico.

The crash involved two extraterrestrial aircraft. The Corona site was found a day later by an archaeology team. [continued]

More here:
http://www.serpo.org/information.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This has no more credibility than a fairy tale.

As a scientist, it is important to rely on evidence and facts rather than speculation and hearsay. While the story of Roswell and extraterrestrial involvement may be intriguing and entertaining, it is important to approach it with a critical and analytical mindset.

There is no concrete evidence to support the claim that extraterrestrial aircraft crashed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. The information provided on the website referenced is not backed by any scientific data or credible sources. As a retired government employee, it is also important to consider the potential biases and motives of the individual behind this information.

Furthermore, the idea of extraterrestrial life and their potential visit to Earth is a topic that is still being explored and researched by scientists. While there is no conclusive evidence to support or refute this possibility, it is important to approach it with an open mind and continue to gather data and evidence through scientific methods.

In summary, the truth about Roswell remains a mystery and it is important to approach any information or claims with a critical and scientific perspective. As scientists, it is our duty to rely on evidence and facts rather than speculation and sensationalism.

1. What is the truth about the Roswell incident?

The truth about the Roswell incident is that in 1947, an object crashed on a ranch near Roswell, New Mexico, and was initially reported as a "flying disc" by the US military. However, it was later identified as a weather balloon. Despite this explanation, there have been many conspiracy theories surrounding the incident, with some people believing that it was a crash of an extraterrestrial spacecraft.

2. Was there really a cover-up by the US government?

There is no evidence to support the claim that the US government covered up the truth about the Roswell incident. The initial reports of a "flying disc" were quickly corrected to state that it was a weather balloon. The conspiracy theories and alleged cover-up have been fueled by unreliable eyewitness accounts and fabricated evidence.

3. What about the alleged alien bodies found at the crash site?

There is no credible evidence to support the claim that alien bodies were found at the Roswell crash site. The rumors of alien bodies originated from a fraudulent memo that was later exposed as a hoax. There is no physical or scientific evidence to suggest that any extraterrestrial beings were involved in the Roswell incident.

4. Why do some people still believe in the Roswell UFO conspiracy?

The enduring belief in the Roswell UFO conspiracy can be attributed to a combination of factors, including the initial confusion and misreporting of the incident, the sensationalist media coverage, and the desire to believe in the existence of extraterrestrial life. Additionally, some conspiracy theorists may reject the explanations provided by scientists and government officials, choosing instead to believe in their own interpretations of the incident.

5. Has any scientific investigation been done on the Roswell incident?

Yes, there have been multiple scientific investigations into the Roswell incident. The most thorough and well-documented investigation was conducted by the US Air Force in 1994, which concluded that the crash was likely caused by a combination of factors, including a weather balloon, a radar target, and a balloon-borne acoustic sensor. Other scientific investigations have also found no evidence to support the claim of extraterrestrial involvement in the Roswell incident.