Understanding infinity in terms of geometry and motion maybe

In summary, you said that when people talk about infinity, in your mind they are talking about growth and contraction with or without a boundary in unidirectional way (i.e. a circle getting bigger and bigger, or smaller and smaller), a point of "infinite reflection". In your mind, you see it as Unicast vectors (arrows), imagine all arrows pointing towards the middle, or all arrows pointing away from the middle in the opposite direction where you "infinitely" subtract or infinitely divide (traverse a line in a direction, a vector say, let's say "left"), or add and multiply (traverse a line in a vector opposite, "right"). An easy way to understand it is
2foolish
I was thinking about how math was taught to me as a kid and how it was taught in symbols, not shapes. I am visual thinker, not a symbolic thinker, I see pictures and reflections of the world in my mind as a "movie" or virtual world I guess you could say. I can create very complex shapes, visualize them in my minds eye and perturb them endlessly, I'm "doing calculations" but not in a symbolic numeric system, in some other form who's results are presented to me in pictures.

When people talk about infinity, in my mind they are talking about growth and contraction with or without a boundary in unidirectional way (i.e. a circle getting bigger and bigger, or smaller and smaller), a point of "infinite reflection". In my mind I see it as Unicast vectors (arrows), imagine all arrows pointing towards the middle, or all arrows pointing away from the middle in the opposite direction where you "infinitely" subtract or infinitely divide (traverse a line in a direction, a vector say, let's say "left"), or add and multiply (traverse a line in a vector opposite, "right"). An easy way to understand it is imagine yourself in front of a mirror, now keep adding "flat" sides to the mirror equidistantly around you in a circle and the mirrors flatness gets smaller as more mirrors are added ounce you get back the beginning.

infinity as I think about it, is a 'moving boundary', (you never catch up to it because it hasn't stopped moving!) the point at where we 'stop' moving in direction(s), and then unify the boundary, by connecting all points. Basically like trapping a "moving" shape, like "jelly" and turning it into something solid, like a square, just imagine basically wiggling a jello cube, and then waiting for it to stop jiggling (vibrating, expanding and contracting).

Their is a connection between visual (geometric) and the symbolic (algebraic)
World (visual - geometric) << Gate of abstraction >> Algebra (symbolic)
As we know, in the real world, really the world is geometry or what I like to call "the first math" and in the abstract space of symbols we're assigning symbolic data to the shapes we see to help us understand what it is we're seeing.

So there is a link between math and art, very strong link, they are basically different expressions of the same thing, one can be translated to the other and vice versa via what I call "the axis of translation" or a "unity gate".

In art, how do we make the most basic shapes and what are they distinguished by? We'll use black and white to keep it simple. So let's begin, things are made of Points and lines, areas and boundaries.

So how is something distinguished from something else from "Unified space" (all connectedness, or "all whiteness") on a sheet of white paper? well by creating a boundary in or around an area, say we draw a point, we'll call this point a node, now we draw another point equidistantly from the first node, then equidistantly again, and then we draw a line between them, now we have an area and a boundary. A distinction of spaces within "unified space" (the sheet of paper). White space and "linespace" (you can think of a line as a area filled if you want, doesn't matter). So how do we connect things in this space? Well there is only one way, my merging things in a directional OR unidirectional manner, or scattering them in same manner (directional or unidirectional).

So if we'd like to make the sheet "all black" there are obviously many ways to do it but, its helpful to understand infinity as "unidirectional ray casting", as in casting rays in all directions, imagine a bicycle wheel spinning so fast that the boundaries between areas merge that is what "infinity" is like movement very fast or "vibration" between states (yes (maybe) no).

So you can understand infinity as binary unity of the off state and the on state, the state between (stationary) off and on (movement)

Imagine concentric circles (circles have unified boundaries) that are connected via "unity point" (imagine a 2D chain of cirlces on a piece of paper), and the point of connection between the chained circles we'll call "the unity gate" (like a logic gate, the gate its either open or closed).

We fill one circle with "all black" and leave all the other circles white and erase all the other circles except for the black one and one white one.

Thats how I understand infinity "light" and "non light" or "filled and unfilled, trapped by a "pretzel like " boundary.

Physics news on Phys.org
Could you state your case in an unfluffy manner, please?

You appear to be attempting to talk about mathematics, not philosophy. And none of it actually resembles mathematics.

If you want to learn about a mathematical topic, people here will be happy to try and help you. But, as in any school of thought, you have to go into it with the mindset that you are going to learn new things -- not merely to put new words to things you already know.

And, just so your aware, "truth according to 2foolish"-type posts are viewed in a very unfavorable light. If you don't understand something, you shouldn't pretend that you do.

1. What is infinity in terms of geometry and motion?

Infinity in terms of geometry and motion refers to the concept of limitless or endless space and movement. It is a theoretical and abstract concept that cannot be fully grasped or measured in the physical world.

2. How is infinity related to geometry?

In geometry, infinity can be seen as the idea of never-ending mathematical shapes, such as a line extending infinitely in both directions. It is also used to describe the unbounded nature of space and the infinite possibilities within it.

3. Can infinity be visualized in terms of motion?

While infinity cannot be fully visualized, it can be understood through motion. For example, a continuous and never-ending spinning motion can represent the infinite nature of time. Similarly, a never-ending zooming in or out motion can represent the infinite nature of space.

4. How is infinity used in geometry and motion theories?

Infinity is used in various geometry and motion theories, such as in fractal geometry, which studies infinitely repeating patterns, and in the theory of relativity, which explores the infinite nature of space and time in relation to motion.

5. What are some real-life applications of understanding infinity in terms of geometry and motion?

Understanding infinity in terms of geometry and motion can have practical applications in fields like astrophysics, where the concept of infinity is used to study the infinite expanse of the universe. It is also used in computer graphics and animation to create visually stunning and realistic infinite scenes.