I need some detailed information about Polaritons, and their 32K BEC.

In summary, the conversation revolved around a request for detailed information about Polaritons and their 32K BEC. The person asking the question expressed frustration over not receiving any answers and questioned the forum's policy. The responders suggested asking more specific questions and provided a link to a Science article on the topic. They also mentioned the difficulty of accessing the article due to a global embargo. One responder offered to help the person with access to the journal.
anti_particle
I need some detailed information about Polaritons, and their 32K BEC.

Physics news on Phys.org
I beg u,why everyone just look at this post! no answers! why? is this the policy here!?

First off... probably wrong forum.

2nd- that is a horribly open ended question... why don't you give us your background about yourself and this question.

3rd- ask a more specific question... Your question is one to ask google not this forum.

Norman said:
First off... probably wrong forum.

2nd- that is a horribly open ended question... why don't you give us your background about yourself and this question.

3rd- ask a more specific question... Your question is one to ask google not this forum.

Right forum, but absolutely correct, more detailed less open ended questions are necessary for us to start answering.

It was moved from Part/Nucl physics forum :)

I want to know how we utilise polaritons to create such hot BECs?
I mean how can we reach that state?
even a link will be appreciated!
thanks

This is really new research... why not just read the Science article in which they announced the result in May?

Science 316 1007

Oops Not reachable!
We are under global embargo!
You know when jerks rule your country everything is expected.Now jerks rule our country and we can't do anything...
if an free online source is available let me know,I've read an article in Physics World (since the luck star has shone upon me) but it doesn't have many details.

je vous remercie beaucoup

That sucks- I am sorry to hear that.

Well... maybe if you ask some more specific questions someone who is more knowledgeable in this field can assist you.

I have access to this journal, PM me and we sort something out.

Claude.

1. What are polaritons?

Polaritons are quasiparticles that are created through the strong coupling of photons and excitons in a material. They exhibit both particle-like and wave-like properties, and can be described as a hybrid of light and matter.

2. What is a 32K BEC?

A 32K BEC (Bose-Einstein condensate) is a state of matter that occurs when a large number of bosons (particles with integer spin) are cooled to near absolute zero, causing them to condense into a single quantum state. In this state, the particles behave as a single entity with unique quantum properties.

3. How are polaritons related to BECs?

Polaritons can be created in BECs through the strong coupling of photons and excitons. In this state, the polaritons behave as bosons and can also undergo Bose-Einstein condensation.

4. What are some potential applications of polaritons and BECs?

Polaritons and BECs have potential applications in areas such as quantum computing, optoelectronics, and quantum information processing. They can also be used to study fundamental physics phenomena such as superfluidity and quantum phase transitions.

5. How is detailed information about polaritons and BECs obtained?

Detailed information about polaritons and BECs is obtained through various experimental techniques such as spectroscopy, imaging, and manipulation of the particles. Theoretical models and simulations are also used to study their properties and behavior.