Marijuana Overdose - Is it Possible?

• Medical
  • Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
In summary, there have been reports of "marijuana overdoses" due to the increase in THC content in current breeds, but this is considered a myth as there is a limit to how high a blood-THC-level can be reached through smoking. It is possible to develop temporary physical problems from smoking a large amount of marijuana, but it is not considered an overdose. Some people may experience acute panic reactions or fainting from marijuana use, but there have been no reported cases of actual overdoses. Marijuana use may also have some negative effects on the heart and lungs, but it is not considered as harmful as other FDA-approved drugs. Long-term use of marijuana has not been
I don't understand marijuana. I will admit that I had unfortunately smoked three times before. All of them with friends. I'm not sure why I did it but I did and I must say the whole thing is very stupid. It did almost nothing for me, and yes I smoked high quality stuff and quit a bit of it too but it only felt as if I hadn't eaten for 2 days.

Most of the kids in my school are stoners, and I have to put up with them for the rest of my high school life. When I ask them why they do it they say because it's fun. Most of them don't have the intelligence of my 12 year old brother. They have no other skills either, all they talk about is weed and other drugs. They are also experimenting with other drugs now too. Some of them are nice kids but others are real losers. I try and tell them that it's only a waste of money but they won't listen.

Also the only reason I see kids drinking alcohol is because it's illegal, my mom, (shes from Europe so she see's it as no bid deal) let's me drink a little bit of wine every once and a while and I NEVER have abused it while other kids I know would go crazy with any alcohol they find.

Biology news on Phys.org
TheStatutoryApe said:
While it may not be an overdose in the sense that it is potentially fatal

Too bad, it would get rid of a lot of as*****s who enrich the drug dealers.

i've never heard of a MJ overdose...i've had bad experiences with laced stuff and mixing it with the wrong things, but no ODing...i always thought you'd get sick from the smoke and lack of oxygen before you'd OD on THC.

and I've never heard it's stronger when you eat it...i've eaten it and it had a weaker affect on me than when i smoke it. even when i kept going back to the wrong brownies, lol.

Closed pending moderation.