Eligibility for MS in aerospace engineering

In summary, the person is asking if they are eligible to pursue a MS in aerospace engineering after completing a B.tech in electronics and communication engineering. They are also asking for recommendations on good US universities to apply to. The expert suggests consulting with graduate department advisers at different universities to determine eligibility and find suitable programs.
123.shalini
I have completed B.tech in electronics and communication engineering. Am i eligible to pursue MS in aerospace engineering? Which good US universities can i apply for?

Physics news on Phys.org
I would consult with the graduate department of several universities to see what they have to say.

123.shalini said:
I have completed B.tech in electronics and communication engineering. Am i eligible to pursue MS in aerospace engineering? Which good US universities can i apply for?

What's a B.tech?

CS

It's all going to depend on where you graduated from and what that program entails. By the sounds of it, I would guess that you would not get accepted directly to a MS program. You would not have the required background. That's just my first impression. You need to contact advisers at the universities you are interested in attending and go from there.

1. What is the minimum educational qualification required for MS in aerospace engineering?

The minimum educational qualification required for MS in aerospace engineering is a bachelor's degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering, or a closely related field. Some universities may also accept applicants with a degree in physics or mathematics, as long as they have taken relevant courses in aerodynamics, thermodynamics, and mechanics.

2. Is work experience necessary for MS in aerospace engineering?

Work experience is not always required for MS in aerospace engineering, but it can be beneficial for applicants. Some universities may consider work experience as a bonus during the admissions process, while others may require a certain amount of work experience for admission.

3. Are there any specific prerequisites for MS in aerospace engineering?

Some universities may have specific prerequisites for MS in aerospace engineering, such as a minimum GPA, GRE scores, or specific coursework in math and science. It is important to check the admission requirements of each university before applying.

4. Can students from non-engineering backgrounds apply for MS in aerospace engineering?

Yes, students from non-engineering backgrounds can apply for MS in aerospace engineering as long as they have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and have taken courses in math, physics, and other related subjects. However, they may be required to take additional courses to meet the prerequisites for the program.

5. What are the career opportunities for graduates with a MS in aerospace engineering?

Graduates with a MS in aerospace engineering have a wide range of career opportunities in the aerospace industry, including aircraft and spacecraft design, manufacturing, testing, and research. They can also work in government agencies, research institutions, and consulting firms. Some may also pursue further education and research in the field.