Where can I find affordable and efficient online chemical suppliers?

In summary, the conversation discusses various options for purchasing chemicals online, including cheap, fast, and reliable sources. Some potential sources mentioned are silverwelch.com, eBay, CHEMSAVERS, hyperdeath.co.uk, VWR, and Fisher. The discussion also touches on the potential issues with purchasing chemicals, such as high prices and minimum volume requirements. Overall, the conversation provides helpful tips and resources for finding chemicals for experiments.
BiggerStronger
What's a good online chemical supply co? (cheap, fast, reliable)

I'm looking for the following to do a experiment:
Aniline
4A Molecular Sieves
Dry Methanol
Tetrahydrofuran (THF)
HCL
NaCl
NaOH
CH2Cl2
Pyridine
Propionyl Chloride
Acetone

Chemistry news on Phys.org
sargentwelch.com will carry most of those... but if you're looking for cheap sources its best to find a chemical supplier you can pick the stuff up from, because most of those require hazmat shipping services, which are very expensive.

one of the best places to get chemistry supplies is suprizingly e-bay

I agree, ebay is the best place to go for pretty much anything. CHEMSAVERS is a good ebay seller which deals with chemicals (for cheap!).

Most of those products can be found OTC.

http://www.hyperdeath.co.uk/

Use this to find where you can find them.

E-bay is generally good, but watch out and check your prices.

I was looking for a certain rare but OTC chemical, and it was selling for over $700 for 500g with many bids and lots of time left. I later imported the same quantity from a supplier in Shanghai for $40 including shipping and customs fees.

I'm not sure where you are located, but I routinely use VWR and Fisher (in the US). They also ship to most of Europe and some of Asia.

http://www.vwrsp.com/

https://www1.fishersci.com/index.jsp

I can vouch for fast and reliable...but I'm sure there are places that would be cheaper. The problem you will likely face, as far as pricing is concerned, is having to buy more than you need. Acetone, HCl, NaOH and Methanol are cheap, but THF and Pyridine are not, and the minimum volume sold is often 1L or even 4L (4L of THF can set you back $300).

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What types of chemicals do you offer for online purchase?

We offer a wide range of chemicals, including organic and inorganic compounds, solvents, acids, bases, and analytical reagents. We also have specialty chemicals and custom synthesis services available upon request.

2. How do I ensure the quality and purity of the chemicals I purchase online?

Our company follows strict quality control measures to ensure the purity and authenticity of all our chemicals. We source our products from reputable manufacturers and conduct rigorous testing to verify their quality. We also provide certificates of analysis for each product upon request.

3. Can I order large quantities of chemicals online?

Yes, we offer bulk ordering options for our chemicals. You can contact our customer service team with your specific requirements, and we will provide you with a custom quote.

4. How do you ensure the safe delivery of chemicals purchased online?

We take all necessary precautions to ensure the safe delivery of our chemicals. All our products are packaged according to industry regulations and guidelines. We also work with reliable shipping carriers to ensure proper handling and transportation of our chemicals.

5. Do you offer international shipping for online chemical purchases?

Yes, we offer international shipping to most countries. However, there may be restrictions on certain chemicals based on local laws and regulations. Please contact our customer service team for more information on international shipping options.

Back