What is the potential difference between points a and b?

• Thread starter shimizua
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Loop Wire
In summary, a 1000-turn loop of wire with a radius of 0.037m is connected to a 20 Ohm resistor in a magnetic field that varies in time with a magnitude of B=gt, where g=0.25 T/s. The task is to find the magnitude of the potential difference between points a and b. Using the equation E = -NA ((dB(t))/dt), the value of t and B(t) can be found in order to solve for dB/dt.
shimizua

Homework Statement

A 1000-turn loop (radius = 0.037m) of wire is connected to a (20 Ohm) resistor as shown in the figure. A magnetic field is directed perpendicular to the plane of the loop. The field points into the paper and has a magnitude that varies in time as B=gt, where g=0.25 T/s. Neglect the resistance of the wire.
http://capa-new.colorado.edu/msuphysicslib/Graphics/Gtype64/prob03a_cj22.26.gif

What is the magnitude of the potential difference between points a and b?

Homework Equations

equation is E = -NA ((dB(t))/dt) but how do u find what t and what is B(t)?

The Attempt at a Solution

cant attempt cause i don't know what t and B(t) are

PLEASE HELP!

Physics news on Phys.org
You were give B=gt. You have the value of 'g'. I think you can easily find dB/dt.

ok well i don't remember how to find B with what is given to me. sorry. if you can just give me some equations i can do the work. not asking for u to do the work for me

shimizua said:
ok well i don't remember how to find B with what is given to me. sorry. if you can just give me some equations i can do the work. not asking for u to do the work for me

shimizua said:
The field points into the paper and has a magnitude that varies in time as B=gt, where g=0.25 T/s.

B=gt...dB/dt :confused:

B=0.25t...dB/dt = ?

B=t2,dB/dt = 2t

Last edited:

1. What is a 1000 turn loop of wire and what is its purpose?

A 1000 turn loop of wire is a type of electrical circuit that consists of a wire loop with 1000 turns. Its purpose is to create a strong magnetic field when an electrical current is passed through it.

2. How is a 1000 turn loop of wire different from other types of electrical circuits?

A 1000 turn loop of wire is different from other types of electrical circuits because of its high number of turns, which allows it to generate a stronger magnetic field compared to a single wire or a loop with fewer turns.

3. What are the applications of a 1000 turn loop of wire?

A 1000 turn loop of wire has various applications, including electromagnets, transformers, and generators. It is also commonly used in scientific experiments and research in fields such as physics and engineering.

4. How does a 1000 turn loop of wire work?

A 1000 turn loop of wire works by creating a magnetic field when an electric current is passed through it. This magnetic field is created due to the interaction between the electric current and the individual magnetic fields generated by each turn of the wire.

5. What factors affect the strength of the magnetic field generated by a 1000 turn loop of wire?

The strength of the magnetic field generated by a 1000 turn loop of wire depends on the amount of current passing through the loop, the number of turns in the loop, the material of the wire, and the diameter of the loop. Additionally, the distance between the wire and the object being influenced by the magnetic field also plays a role in its strength.