Imagining the 10th dimension by rob bryanton

• Thread starter abujahel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dimension
In summary, the conversation discusses a video and book that claim to be based on string and M theory but are seen as nonsensical and lacking scientific basis by the participants. They also question the legality of selling this material as a science book and suggest that it is simply an exercise of imagination rather than a legitimate source of knowledge.
abujahel
I need to ask a scientific community here if there are any sort of basis for the video and the book mentioned above in the title?

once i got to the fifth dimension it all turned to non sense that does not relate in any way to string or M theory.

Supposing I am right about what i said above, how is he allowed to sell this book as a science book, i mean shouldn't there be any regulations on this stuff?

I believe that he was just bored and found out an imaginative way of seeing thing, i guess he was just not creative enough like douglas adams to create a fiction series out of, so he said that it was true.

thanks a lot

isam

Physics news on Phys.org
I agree, it is an exercise of imagination. Beyond the artistic value, the only prectical value is that it helps to remove the 3D intuition of some viewers, but normal mathematical practice gets the same goal in a safer way.

1. What is the concept of imagining the 10th dimension?

The concept of imagining the 10th dimension is based on the theory of higher dimensions, which suggests that there may be more than the three dimensions of space and one dimension of time that we are familiar with. Imagining the 10th dimension is a way to visualize and understand this theoretical concept.

2. Who is Rob Bryanton and what is his role in this concept?

Rob Bryanton is a Canadian author, musician, and filmmaker who created the online video series "Imagining the 10th Dimension". He used his background in music and storytelling to explain complex scientific theories, making them more accessible to the general public.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to support the concept of the 10th dimension?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of the 10th dimension or any higher dimensions beyond the four we experience. The concept is purely theoretical and is based on mathematical models and equations.

4. How does imagining the 10th dimension help us understand the universe better?

Imagining the 10th dimension helps us understand the universe better by expanding our perception of reality beyond the three dimensions we experience. It allows us to think about the universe in a more abstract and complex way, and potentially helps us make connections between seemingly unrelated concepts.

5. Are there any practical applications of the concept of the 10th dimension?

Currently, there are no known practical applications of the concept of the 10th dimension. However, the mathematical models and theories used to explain the concept have been applied in various fields such as quantum mechanics and string theory, which have practical applications in technology and physics.