Any specific signatures you fancy or detest ?

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Specific
In summary: Sindhu Sindhu")In summary, the girl's signature is a clever pun and the Bob's signature is a great quote.
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Like to share your thoughts about your/others' signatures ?

Any specific signatures you fancy or detest ?

For PF contributors/mentors : What makes you pick a certain signature line ?

Physics news on Phys.org
MIH : Is your sig taking a swing at mine ?

Whenever I see Ivan_Seeking's signature, I become nostalgic for the MIR and its mishaps ("Objects on MIR are closer than they appear").

Actually, I have a very good memory of the MIR. Had to leave for work early, and while sitting at a busy, bright intersection next to the Air Force base and its airfield, I happened to look at the clock and think "If I were still home, I could look right over there to the WNW and see MIR right now. Oh, look, there it is now!" It was so bright you could still see it, even while sitting at a busy intersection. Then a train's horn sounded in the distance. What an image. Sitting in traffic, next to an airfield, a train in the distance, and a satellite cruising by overhead.

Only thing missing was some kind of body of water (of course, around here, water's always missing).

Oooh, that reminds me of the time that I went rafting on the Potomac. At the point that the river passed through the intersection of the borders of MD, WV and VA, we saw an old train running along a bridge, the other level of which had pedestrians and automobiles. To top it off, there was a plane flying overhead.

BobG, you know your "Hemmi" signature is very misleading - and can be easily misunderstood by the common dolt (despite the spelling). Do you revel in this form of devilry ?

Gokul43201 said:
MIH : Is your sig taking a swing at mine ?

Not at all. But I do think your signature is immoral. :biggrin:

My current signature just seemed to me to be all too true.

My favorite was "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat.
You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los
Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly
the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there.
The only difference is that there is no cat." - Albert Einstein

I uselly pick funny things that I've heard. I have a couple that I use on differnt forums:

Your born wet, hungry, and naked, then things get worse.

Smile it confuses people :smile:

A new servay shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Miles said:
Smile it confuses people :smile:

:rofl: so true

My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone

Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car

Friends help you move; real friends help you move the body.

100,000 Sperm And You Were The Fastest?

Birdie, birdie, in the sky, why'd you do that in my eye? Looks like sugar, tastes like sap. OMG! IT'S BIRDIE CRAP

BobG said:
Whenever I see Ivan_Seeking's signature, I become nostalgic for the MIR and its mishaps ("Objects on MIR are closer than they appear").

I don't know where I come up with this stuff.

Did you see my latest? :biggrin:

I collect quotes that I think are insightful, thought provoking, interesting, or funny. I just pick from my favorites for a signature.

My signatures are there because they are the most intellectual parts of my posts :tongue2:

All I have is 'The Bob (2004 ©)'. Mainly because I don't want to pay for the ability to have avatars and writing underneath. Also I wouldn't know have to pay for it. Anyway... The moment you have all been waiting for.....*drum roll*...*applause*......

The Bob (2004 ©)

Hi everyone.

My favourite signature is one that I've heard from a girl:

"I'm naturally blonde.
So please, speak slowly".

:rofl:

Clausius2 said:
Hi everyone.

My favourite signature is one that I've heard from a girl:

"I'm naturally blonde.
So please, speak slowly".

:rofl:

:grumpy:

I haven't picked a signature yet. I used to have a nice collection I rotated on emails, but I've forgotten most of them. I probably shouldn't admit that in the same post where I'm feigning irritation about dumb blonde jokes. :rofl:

I think the funniest signature I saw around PF was:

If I have seen less than others, it's because some giant's shoulders were always in the way.

I was wondering about your sig. Gokul, is it quoting the famous pun (I have Sind)?

Also this thread has insipred me to change my signature.

waahhhaa! oh jcsd, that is priceless! :rofl:

It reminds me of another one:

"If at first you don't succeed,
Skydiving is not for you."

jcsd said:
I was wondering about your sig. Gokul, is it quoting the famous pun (I have Sind)?

You wonder correctly.

(whisper : I've been spending some time in the Religion forums, and was inspired :eek: by some of the canting out there.:redface: )

Math Is Hard said:
waahhhaa! oh jcsd, that is priceless! :rofl:

It reminds me of another one:

"If at first you don't succeed,
Skydiving is not for you."

If at first you don't succeed, Cheat until caught, then lie. -Homer Simpson

Smurf said:
If at first you don't succeed, Cheat until caught, then lie. -Homer Simpson

That reminds me of the other Homer Simpson quote related to it: "Ahh. Now for the happy time between the lie and the time it is found out."

motai said:
That reminds me of the other Homer Simpson quote related to it: "Ahh. Now for the happy time between the lie and the time it is found out."

:rofl: :rofl:

I've always wondered what LURCH's sig meant... Lurch ? Anybody ?

Gokul's signature makes we wonder what he does on the weekends. Road trip up I-71? At least he's a friendly drunk and manages a good rapport with his caretakers. :rofl:

My mother-in-law even thought your signature was pretty funny. I think she probably knows that guy.

i have a few quotes, nothing big but i like em, some were really insightful, but i lost them somewhere

"The doctrine that the Earth is neither the center of the universe nor immovable, but moves even with a daily rotation, is absurd, philosophically and theologically false, and at the least an error of faith." -Catholic church

"God is with us." -Hitler

"some people don't see the light until it comes shining through bullet holes"

"there is a disease in the hart of man, its symptom is anger, its symptome is hate, its symptome rage, its symptom is war, the disease is human emotion"

"if you can't hear it coming what's the point" for all you motorheads out there

"It's Not Illegal To Cheat A Cheater"

"What? The land of the free?
Whoever told you that is your enemy"

-I once asked a literary agent what writing paid the best, and he said, ransom notes.

-In dreams, i walk with you

if i think of more that i once had i'll post them up

ShawnD needs to get to the hospital, immediately!

What are signatures?

Signatures are a unique and personalized way for individuals to sign off on their written or digital communications. They can include a person's name, title, contact information, or a quote that represents them.

Why do people use signatures?

People use signatures as a way to identify themselves and add a personal touch to their communications. It can also serve as a form of branding or marketing for businesses or organizations.

Are there any benefits to having a signature?

Yes, signatures can help establish credibility and professionalism in written communications. They can also make it easier for others to contact or recognize the sender.

Can signatures be a form of art?

Yes, some people view their signature as a form of art and may spend time perfecting their signature to make it unique and visually appealing. However, others may view it simply as a means of identification.

Can you have multiple signatures?

Yes, individuals can have multiple signatures for different purposes, such as a professional signature for work emails and a personal signature for personal communications.