New Game Show Idea: Protect & Present Format

• Thread starter Logger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game Idea
In summary: Thanks for providing the link.PhysicsForums.com is still a strange place to ask such a question, when you consider the number of free legal advice sites out there and the like.Seems the Op has been answered.Thanks for providing the link.
Logger
Hello there,

Somebody I know has asked me if i could help him with the following:
He has an idea for a game show and what is the best way to protect the format of this new game show.At present there is no gameshow that has the format that he has.He also asked me if I could put down on paper how the game would work.He wants to protect his idea and also have it in a presentable form so he can showcase his idea to some TV studios.
He is a wealthy guy and will be making this happen.
What would be the best way for me to help him out.What would be the best software program to write the idea up in.How would he protect his show idea.Are there people/companies that could help him out.
Neither he nor I are very tech savvy.
Any ideas on the best way forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Me.

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations, you've taken my "vague post of the day" prize!

I'm honestly confused as to what you want but I'll give it a shot:

The best software program to write the idea up? Any word processor would do it just fine.

Protect his idea? In what way? If it's unique you might be able to get some form of copyright protection on it but aside from that not much else - unless it uses unique technology to work.

People / companies, well that would be TV companies. You would need to pitch the idea to them. If they like it and think it's a winner, they'll do the rest. If not, you best just give up right there.

Seems to me you want to talk to a lawyer, why would you ask this question on a Physics board?

Integral said:
Seems to me you want to talk to a lawyer, why would you ask this question on a Physics board?

I was trying to find a "new game show ideas board" but couldn't find any. :uhh:
Thats why I posted in General Discussion as I said I'd just throw it out there.You could be correct about the lawyer part of your answer.

pallidin said:
Describe the "game show" in very detailed word descriptions, and submit it for copyright protection. Here's a link:

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

Thank you very much for your help.It may have been obvious but I just wanted to see what people might advise.Thanks again.

Logger said:
I was trying to find a "new game show ideas board" but couldn't find any. :uhh:
Thats why I posted in General Discussion as I said I'd just throw it out there.You could be correct about the lawyer part of your answer.

No need for sarcasm, you don't go to a doctor and ask for mortgage advice, so why would you come to a physics board and ask for legal advice?

There's no "could be" about it. That is the only way to go.

jarednjames said:
No need for sarcasm, you don't go to a doctor and ask for mortgage advice, so why would you come to a physics board and ask for legal advice?

There's no "could be" about it. That is the only way to go.

I thought anything could be discussed or asked in the General Discussion thread?
If i Knew it was legal advice I needed to proceed with i wouldn't have posted the question.I was only looking for some guidance on what to do next.I will take the posters advice though.

Logger said:
I thought anything could be discussed or asked in the General Discussion thread?

Excepting special circumstances you are correct, and your post in General Discussion is just fine. In my opinion anyway.
After all GD talks about politics; having no direct relationship to physics.
Your fine...

pallidin said:
Excepting special circumstances you are correct, and your post in General Discussion is just fine. In my opinion anyway.
After all GD talks about politics; having no direct relationship to physics.
Your fine...

PhysicsForums.com is still a strange place to ask such a question, when you consider the number of free legal advice sites out there and the like.

Seems the Op has been answered.

1. What is the "Protect & Present" format all about?

The "Protect & Present" format is a new game show concept that combines elements of strategy and creativity. Contestants must protect a valuable item from being damaged while also presenting it in the most appealing way possible.

2. How does the protection aspect work in the game show?

The protection aspect of the game show involves various challenges that test the contestants' ability to keep the valuable item safe from potential damage. These challenges may range from physical obstacles to mental puzzles.

3. What is the goal of the presentation aspect of the game show?

The goal of the presentation aspect is to impress the judges and audience with the contestants' ability to showcase the valuable item in a creative and attractive way. This may involve using props, music, or other elements to enhance the presentation.

4. How are contestants judged in the "Protect & Present" format?

Contestants are judged based on their performance in both the protection and presentation aspects of the game show. Points will be awarded for successfully completing challenges and for the overall creativity and appeal of their presentation.

5. Can anyone participate in the "Protect & Present" game show?

Yes, anyone can participate in the game show as long as they meet the eligibility requirements set by the producers. These may include age restrictions, physical ability, and other criteria. Auditions may also be required to select contestants.