Analysis Help: Free Modal Analysing with Ansys 13

In summary, a new user in the forum is seeking help with free modal analysis in Ansys 13. They have noticed a difference in the number of rigid body motions and frequencies in their analysis compared to the expected 6 linear and rotational motions with frequencies of 0. They are also seeking advice on whether a FE-analysis of a box-like structure with four wheels should be constrained or unconstrained.
alireza1359
I am a new user in this forum. In free- free modal analysing, there is 6 rigid body motion (3 displacements and 3 rotations) with frequencie's of 0, but in my analysis there is 3 rigid body motions with frequencie's of 0 (linear displaements) and the frequencie's of others (rotational rigid body motons) are not zero. I do not know this reason. Please help me. I am analysing the model using Ansys 13.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi,
If I wanted to get the natural frequencies of a box-like structure with four wheels (at each corner of the bottom surface) by means of FE-analysis, should it be performed as constrained or unconstrained ? Indeed, the wheels are not bounded to the ground, so please, could you help me?
Thank you very much

What is modal analysis?

Modal analysis is a technique used in structural engineering and physics to determine the natural frequencies and mode shapes of a structure. It helps identify potential areas of resonance and can be used to optimize the design of a structure.

How does Ansys 13 help with modal analysis?

Ansys 13 is a software program that uses finite element analysis to perform modal analysis on structures. It allows users to input the geometry and material properties of a structure and then calculates the natural frequencies and mode shapes.

Is Ansys 13 free to use for modal analysis?

No, Ansys 13 is a commercial software program that requires a license to use. However, there may be free trial versions available for academic or research purposes.

What are the benefits of using Ansys 13 for modal analysis?

Ansys 13 offers a user-friendly interface and powerful simulation capabilities for modal analysis. It can handle complex geometries and material properties, and provides accurate and reliable results.

Are there any limitations to using Ansys 13 for modal analysis?

Like any software program, Ansys 13 has its limitations. It may not be suitable for very large and complex structures, and the accuracy of the results may depend on the quality of the input data and assumptions made in the analysis.