Are the People Who Answer Questions Paid Staff?

• Thread starter sparkle123
  • Start date
In summary, the people who help with questions are all volunteers who get paid in terms of their enjoyment of the site.
sparkle123
Just curious - are the people who help with questions paid staff?
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
No. The only "paid" person here is the site owner/admin, Greg Bernhardt. The rest of us "staff" (Mentors, Science Advisors, Homework Helpers) are all volunteers.

And don't remind them. Can you believe these suckers do this FOR FREE?

I'm trying to get some of them to clean my house and work in a large field I'm trying to build.

We get paid in terms of distracting ourselves from the work we *should* do. :wink:
And by the thanks we get from the people we help. :blushing:
And, errr... sometimes by anger tantrums from people who feel we don't help enough. :biggrin:

One of the biggest payments I get is from the fine education I'm getting here. :approve:

Wait, we're not getting paid?

I'm getting out of here!

:grumpy:

I pay Greg, you mean you guys get to do it for free? :grumpy:

Evo said:
I pay Greg, you mean you guys get to do it for free? :grumpy:

You pay Greg for every person you get to ban? :tongue2: That's a lot of money :biggrin:

I get paid twice as much as Evo.

Back in the old days we did get free Porsches and trips to Bora Bora. <sigh> The good old days...

Evo said:
Back in the old days we did get free Porsches and trips to Bora Bora. <sigh> The good old days...

Doesn't scientology give out good vacations to their employees?

sparkle123 said:
Just curious - are the people who help with questions paid staff?
Thanks!
I could answer that, but you'll have to pay me first.

jtbell said:
No. The only "paid" person here is the site owner/admin, Greg Bernhardt. The rest of us "staff" (Mentors, Science Advisors, Homework Helpers) are all volunteers.

This must be the site of the greatest concentration of generosity in the world. THANK YOU ALL! :)

1. Are all the people who answer questions on this platform paid staff?

No, not all the people who answer questions on this platform are paid staff. Some may be volunteers or community members who are knowledgeable about the topic and want to help others.

2. How can I tell if the person answering my question is a paid staff member?

There is no specific way to tell if the person answering your question is a paid staff member. However, they may have a badge or label on their profile indicating that they are a verified expert or employee of the platform.

3. Do paid staff members have more authority or credibility when answering questions?

Not necessarily. While paid staff members may have more experience and training in their field, non-paid members can also provide valuable insights and information. It is important to consider the source and do further research when evaluating the credibility of an answer.

4. Are paid staff members required to answer a certain number of questions per day?

This may vary depending on the platform or organization. Some paid staff members may have a set quota of questions they are expected to answer, while others may have more flexibility. However, it is important to note that all answers should be well-researched and accurate, regardless of the number of questions answered.

5. Is there any way to contact or request a specific paid staff member to answer my question?

This may also vary depending on the platform or organization. Some may have a feature where users can request a specific paid staff member to answer their question. Alternatively, users can also reach out to the staff through their profile or by submitting a support ticket.