Organic Chemistry Resources for Advanced Students

In summary, the individual is looking for easier material on organic chemistry for higher level students and is asking for recommendations for a good link. They specify that they are looking for explanations, definitions, and principles with figures being a plus. It is mentioned that generally textbooks are the best source for this information and the individual's current text is not satisfactory. They are having difficulties with redox-reactions and titration and are looking for written explanations and instructions rather than just numbers and figures. Some useful links are suggested, including one called O=chem, which explains basic organic principles.
Thallium
I have been searching like crazy for different and easier material on organic chemistry for higher level students on the net, but it's hard to find. I assume that there are knowledgeable participants on this part of the PF and I would like to ask if someone knows of a good link? :smile:

Poisonous Thallium

Chemistry news on Phys.org
What kind of stuff are you looking for? Reactions, principles, oxidations, physical organic observations, mechanisms, techniques?

I'm looking for explanations, definitions and principles. Figures would also be nice!

Such a site may exist, but generally explanations, definitions, and principles in organic chemistry are found in textbooks rather than online. Is your text not satisfactory? If not, and if you don't find a link, post any specific questions you have here and we will be happy to help you.

Allright. What I am having problems with is redox-reactions and titration. I have no specific questions. But my textbook does not make it clear enough. I see only figures and numbers and that makes it difficult. I can't learn from numbers and figures. I learn from definitions, written explanations and instructions on how to calculate etc.

There are some useful links HERE .

Give it a look.

O=chem

if you yahoo O=chem you'll find a good site by that name(i like it anyway)
it explains most of the basic organic principles

1. What are some recommended textbooks for advanced organic chemistry?

Some highly recommended textbooks for advanced organic chemistry include "Organic Chemistry" by Jonathan Clayden, Nick Greeves, and Stuart Warren, "Organic Chemistry: Structure and Function" by K. Peter C. Vollhardt and Neil E. Schore, and "Advanced Organic Chemistry" by Jerry March.

2. Are there any online resources for studying organic chemistry?

Yes, there are many online resources available for studying organic chemistry. Some popular ones include Khan Academy, Master Organic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry Tutor.

3. What are some useful study techniques for mastering organic chemistry?

Some useful study techniques for mastering organic chemistry include practicing with a variety of examples, using flashcards to memorize reactions and mechanisms, and creating study guides and summaries to review key concepts.

4. Are there any helpful videos or lectures for understanding organic chemistry?

Yes, there are many helpful videos and lectures available online for understanding organic chemistry. Some popular channels include The Organic Chemistry Tutor, Professor Dave Explains, and Leah4sci.

5. Are there any online practice problems or quizzes for testing my understanding of organic chemistry?

Yes, there are many online practice problems and quizzes available for testing your understanding of organic chemistry. Some websites that offer these resources include ChemCollective, Master Organic Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry Practice Problems.