Idea for a project (data set selection)

In summary, there are various data sets that could be suitable for a risk project, including insurance claim data, stock market data, and macroeconomic data. Other options include real estate, cryptocurrency, and industry-specific data. Consider your project scope and interests when selecting a data set.
ani1
Hello everyone!
I really need your help! I'm taking a risk class, and I have to do a final project, but I don't know yet what data set to pick. I have to use Matlab for this project, and have to go through: what distribution feet best to the data set selected, testing that distribution, making some t-tests, chi-test, see the correlation of data and maybe performing a montecarlo simulation related to that problem. I have already done a study about portfolio returns, so I need something else. Anyone with more experience can help me with an idea for a data set selection for a good risk project?

I will really appreciate any suggestion! Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Ani

Physics news on Phys.org
Some ideas for data sets that may be suitable for a risk project include: insurance claim data, stock market data, debt default data, loan default data, cyber security data, climate change data, commodity prices, and macroeconomic data. Depending on the scope of your project, you may also want to consider exploring real estate data, cryptocurrency data, or even data from an online gaming platform. Additionally, you could look into industry specific data such as health care, banking, or energy data. Good luck with your project!

1. What factors should I consider when selecting a data set for my project?

When selecting a data set for a project, it is important to consider the relevance, reliability, and accessibility of the data. You should also consider the size and complexity of the data set, as well as any potential biases or limitations in the data.

2. How can I ensure the data set I choose is reliable?

To ensure the reliability of a data set, you should carefully evaluate the source of the data and any potential biases. You can also cross-check the data with other sources and perform statistical analyses to assess the accuracy and consistency of the data.

3. Is it better to use a large or small data set for my project?

The size of the data set should be determined by the research question and the type of analysis you plan to do. In some cases, a smaller data set may be more appropriate, while in others a larger data set may be necessary to obtain meaningful results. It is important to balance the size of the data set with the resources and time available for your project.

4. Can I combine multiple data sets for my project?

Yes, you can combine multiple data sets for your project as long as they are relevant and can be properly integrated. However, it is important to carefully consider the compatibility of the data sets and any potential biases or limitations when combining them.

5. Are there any ethical considerations when selecting a data set for my project?

Yes, there are ethical considerations to keep in mind when selecting a data set for your project. It is important to ensure that the data was collected ethically and with informed consent from participants. You should also consider the privacy and confidentiality of the individuals represented in the data set, and take measures to protect their identities if necessary.