Differential Equations 2 order and objectives

In summary, a student is seeking help with solving problems related to differential equations and physics. They are looking for a proper solution to the given problems and are asked to post their attempted solutions first in order to receive appropriate assistance. The problems involve differential equations with varying initial conditions and forces acting on a parachutist.
layt
Help pls decide this Differential Equations!I did not coincide with the answer and in some no idea how to do! will be very grateful if you start a proper solution to Us
1) y(4)+2*a2*y''+a4*y= cos(ax)
2) y' = x + 1/y; y(0)=1
3) y' = 2*x + cos(y); y(0) = 0
4) y(x) - λ*(0 to pi)∫(x*sin(t)*y(t)*dt = 0 (find λ and y(x))
5) Parachutist descends on a parachute! Gravity parashyuta F1 = mg, and the force of air resistance F2 = k * v ^ 2, k = const find speed through chute t0 seconds after the shutter and the path traversed by S while!

Physics news on Phys.org
Pls post your attempted solutions first. (This seems to be the style on this forum.)
In 5), what's S? Is the parachutist going straight down or is there some initial horizontal movement from the aircraft?

S WAY The past parachuter for t0 seconds
Now throw in a sample solution to my
2 and 3 I solution explains such events
but I do not know to 5 like to approach

haruspex said:
Pls post your attempted solutions first. (This seems to be the style on this forum.)
Thanks. It is more than "style"- it is required that you show your own attempts. There are a number of reasons. First this is not a "we do your homework for you so you never have to learn" website! Second, in order to know what kinds of hints will help, we need to know what you do understand about the problem, what kinds of things you have already tried, and where you are having trouble.

In 5), what's S? Is the parachutist going straight down or is there some initial horizontal movement from the aircraft?

layt said:
S WAY The past parachuter for t0 seconds
Now throw in a sample solution to my
2 and 3 I solution explains such events
but I do not know to 5 like to approach

Sorry, but I didn't understand any of that. Can you get help for your posts from someone with a better command of English?

1. What is the purpose of studying Differential Equations of 2nd order?

Differential Equations of 2nd order are used to describe and model many physical phenomena, such as motion, heat transfer, and electrical circuits. They are also essential in engineering, physics, and other scientific fields to solve problems and make predictions.

2. What are the main objectives of learning Differential Equations of 2nd order?

The main objectives of learning Differential Equations of 2nd order include understanding the fundamental concepts and techniques for solving these equations, developing the ability to model real-world problems, and gaining the skills to analyze and interpret solutions in various contexts.

3. What are the key differences between 1st and 2nd order Differential Equations?

The main difference between 1st and 2nd order Differential Equations is the number of derivatives present in the equation. 1st order equations involve only one derivative, while 2nd order equations involve two. This means that 2nd order equations are generally more complex and can have a wider range of solutions.

4. What are some common techniques for solving 2nd order Differential Equations?

Some common techniques for solving 2nd order Differential Equations include separation of variables, variation of parameters, and the method of undetermined coefficients. Other methods, such as Laplace transforms and power series solutions, can also be used for more complex equations.

5. What are some real-world applications of 2nd order Differential Equations?

2nd order Differential Equations have numerous real-world applications, including analyzing the motion of objects under the influence of gravity, predicting the temperature distribution in a heated or cooled object, and designing electrical circuits. They are also used in fields such as biology, economics, and chemistry to model and understand various phenomena.