Yes. Murray in final at Wimbledon

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Final
In summary, Federer will face Murray in the Wimbledon final. Murray is the first British man to win the Wimbledon men's singles title in over 80 years. Federer is a five-time Wimbledon champion.
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean "finally"? Federer has already won Wimbledon a bunch of times! :smile:

Has Murry? Roger Federer isn't a Brit.

I think he's referring to the fact that there hasn't been an English player in the men's finals in over 80 years. :smile:

turbo said:
I think he's referring to the fact that there hasn't been an English player in the men's finals in over 80 years. :smile:

Murray is Scottish ;) but yeah there hasn't been a British player in the final in that long

I wonder if Murry would smile at winning Wimbeldon, or if he'd just point at the sky in "seriously imortant epic drama" mode as usual.

Screw Murray, Agnieszka is in the womens final!

2AlphaMales?! said:
I wonder if Murry would smile at winning Wimbeldon, or if he'd just point at the sky in "seriously imortant epic drama" mode as usual.

:rofl:

Borek said:
Screw Murray, Agnieszka is in the womens final!
Hope this doesn't happen during the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvnDOUHpjg

Yes, she caught a cold few days ago. Still, she was able to win semifinal, so it is not that bad.

Borek said:
Screw Murray
Leave that to Federer. :-p

turbo said:

Yeah, I know. I was attempting (and evidently failing) to make a joke about Murray's chance of winning. :smile:

Am I to understand that people actually pay attention to that crap? :confused:

Danger said:
Am I to understand that people actually pay attention to that crap? :confused:
Yes. And I rooting for Agnieszka over Williams. :mad:

Sigh.

Sadly, I only know result, none of the televisions I can watch transmitted the match.

Dang. Williams is just too strong.

turbo said:

Kaldanis said:
Murray is Scottish ;) but yeah there hasn't been a British player in the final in that long
If Murray wins, he'll be "British."

If he loses, he's "Scottish."

But he will never, ever be "English."

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Murray :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh well. He tried his best! The only comfort I can see in this is that he did lose to probably the best player ever, but I bet it still hurts

OK folks. You can get back to work for another 78 years now.

That reminded me of Borg vs McEnroe.

Chi Meson said:
That reminded me of Borg vs McEnroe.

Was that Seven-of-Nine or Hugh? I don't like sports, but I'd gladly watch Jeri Ryan prance about with a racquet. Jonathan del Arco, not so much...

:smile::smile::smile::smile:Murry:smile::smile::smile:

I truly like tennis , but it's hard to watch these days with Federer's age finally catching up with him.I started watching tennis in the 90s with Sampras and Agassi going at it but then I followed Federer from before he was winning grand slams and I don't think I'll see such a perfect player again in my lifetime.

Congrats to Murray.

That means Janowicz lost only to the winner :smile:

1. What is the significance of Murray reaching the final at Wimbledon?

Murray reaching the final at Wimbledon is significant because it is one of the four Grand Slam tournaments in tennis and is considered one of the most prestigious and iconic tournaments in the sport. It also marks Murray's return to the final at Wimbledon after a 3-year absence due to injury.

2. How many times has Murray reached the final at Wimbledon?

This will be Murray's fifth final at Wimbledon, having previously reached the final in 2012, 2013, 2016, and 2017. He has won the tournament twice, in 2013 and 2016.

3. Who will Murray be facing in the final at Wimbledon?

Murray will be facing Serbian player Novak Djokovic in the final at Wimbledon. Djokovic is a 5-time Wimbledon champion and currently holds the number one ranking in men's singles tennis.

4. How has Murray performed in previous matches against Djokovic?

Murray and Djokovic have a long-standing rivalry on the tennis court, having faced each other 36 times in their careers. Murray has won 11 of those matches, while Djokovic has won 25. They have also faced each other in three previous Wimbledon finals, with Murray winning in 2013 and Djokovic winning in 2016 and 2017.

5. When will the final at Wimbledon take place?

The final at Wimbledon is scheduled to take place on Sunday, July 11, 2021. The exact time will depend on the length of the previous matches, but it is typically in the early afternoon local time in London.