Who are the top contributors in General Discussion?

In summary: I'm still waiting for the day that I get a post for answering someone's question with "42".In summary, I tallied up the post counts for the last 120 threads and found that Moonbear had the most posts with 672, followed by Evo with 402, tribdog with 399, Gokul with 322, Artman with 209, and franz with 17. The conversation also included some joking about thread killing and post counts.
tribdog
I went through the last 120 threads and counted how many times each person posted a response here is the final count:
Moonbear 672
Evo 402
tribdog 399
Gokul 322
Artman 209
franz 17

Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
I went through the last 120 threads and counted how many times each person posted a response here is the final count:
Moonbear 672
Evo 402
tribdog 399
Gokul 322
Artman 209
franz 17

ALL HAIL GENERAL MOON! :rofl:

franz 17 ? What's that ? His age ?

Now just imagine if those all counted toward my post count! :eek: What can I say, I just never shut up once you get me started. :biggrin:

Edit: Wait a minute! If I'm the top GD poster (at least in the last 120 threads), but I'm not the top thread-killer, does that mean I'm actually pretty lousy at thread-killing? If we take it as a ratio of thread kills to posts, then franz is an even bigger thread killer than we first suspected! :eek:

Last edited:
LOL, according to that franz has killed a thread everytime he has posted. I did not make the list? I have 209 posts in the last 120 threads, well I do not know about that. However, I do have 209 post in gd.

edit... tribdog, are you looking for a hobby?

If you all think I sat down and counted how many times everyone posted you are all losing it. Nobody ever checked to see if I lied about the thread killing champs either.

:rofl: Well I knew you were lying about this thread, well I did not think you would waste that much time, but the thread killing champs seemed reasonable. We all know what an ass franz is, and about his smart ass posts :tongue2:

You have entirely too much time on your hands. You should really look into a hobby. Did you tell anyone here about your experience with the electric "stop barking collar" (obviously I have no idea what they are really called) that Dan had?
Mike

mattmns said:
:rofl: Well I knew you were lying about this thread, well I did not think you would waste that much time, but the thread killing champs seemed reasonable. We all know what an ass franz is, and about his smart ass posts :tongue2:
I didn't lie about the thread killers counts. but I could have

mjwhip2 said:
You have entirely too much time on your hands. You should really look into a hobby. Did you tell anyone here about your experience with the electric "stop barking collar" (obviously I have no idea what they are really called) that Dan had?
Mike
those things should be illegal, nuff said

tribdog said:
Moonbear 672
Evo 402
tribdog 399
Gokul 322
Artman 209
franz 17

YOu lying sack of tribdog manure!

I know i have more posts than that you jerk.

I demand a recount!

mattmns said:

Damn right.

1. What is the purpose of General Discussion champions?

General Discussion champions are individuals who are chosen to lead discussions on various topics in order to encourage open and constructive dialogue among a group of people.

2. How are General Discussion champions selected?

The selection process for General Discussion champions may vary, but typically individuals are chosen based on their expertise in a particular topic, their communication skills, and their ability to facilitate meaningful discussions.

3. What are the benefits of having General Discussion champions?

Having General Discussion champions can lead to a more inclusive and productive discussion as they can help guide the conversation and ensure that all voices are heard. They can also provide valuable insights and perspectives on the topic being discussed.

4. Do General Discussion champions receive any training or support?

Yes, many organizations provide training and support for General Discussion champions. This may include workshops on facilitation techniques, conflict resolution, and active listening skills.

5. Can anyone become a General Discussion champion?

While anyone can potentially become a General Discussion champion, it is important to have certain qualities such as good communication skills, open-mindedness, and the ability to handle difficult situations. It is also helpful to have knowledge or expertise in the topic being discussed.