Awe-Inspiring Moment: Remembering Chomsky in the Library

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Moment
In summary: Its just that stupid best songs thread making me feel old; making me think of dates and all... My favorite song is HOW OLD?
Smurf
I remember the first time I saw Langauge and Thought by Noam Chomsky. I almost had an orgasm right there in the 399-459 isle of the public library.

Physics news on Phys.org
Probably the same feeling russ gets when reading anything by Ann Coulter :tongue2:

I don't know man. Just the subject name 'Psycholinguistics' makes me quiver in anticipation.

Note to self: Never go near the 399-459 aisle while with Smurf.

oh don't worry Ivan, I was wearing tampax at the time, so no 'protein splatter' at all.

since when have you had a sex change?

Since the bulge in his dress became too obvious.

mattmns said:
Probably the same feeling russ gets when reading anything by Ann Coulter :tongue2:
I have never read a book by her, nor watched her on tv. But ok... :uhh:

You have never watched her on tv? I find it hilarious when I see her going crazy about some liberal opinion. She is kind of hot too :wink:

mattmns said:
You have never watched her on tv? I find it hilarious when I see her going crazy about some liberal opinion. She is kind of hot too :wink:
and she even has her own action figure!

http://www.victorystore.com/Yahoo%20Images/c6230_full2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! Where can I get one :smile: ?

mattmns said:
Sweet! Where can I get one :smile: ?
'Twas http://www.victorystore.com/bush_cheney.htm?OVRAW=Ann%20Coelter&OVKEY=ann%20coulter&OVMTC=standard .

Smurf said:
I remember the first time I saw Langauge and Thought by Noam Chomsky. I almost had an orgasm right there in the 399-459 isle of the public library.
Would you stop talking dirty--what do you think this is? Some kind of demented forum? Ah well, okay...yes Chomsky rocks (but not in a sexual kinda way for me, okie dokie?) :rofl: Okay, so how do I get myself an action figure...

Math Is Hard said:
'Twas http://www.victorystore.com/bush_cheney.htm?OVRAW=Ann%20Coelter&OVKEY=ann%20coulter&OVMTC=standard .
It's times like these I'm proud to be unamerican.

Smurf said:
It's times like these I'm proud to be unamerican.
Yes, and don't forget--these items were made in China. :bugeye:

Smurf said:

Eww.

mattmns said:
Probably the same feeling russ gets when reading anything by Ann Coulter

More ew.

I remeber using MS-DOS in the days before Windows, so ha!

franznietzsche said:
I remeber using MS-DOS in the days before Windows, so ha!

I remember loading programs by flipping toggle switches, and loading the operating system on "large" computers with paper tape. In fact, the first mini computer that I worked on, and even the first head scanners [CAT scanners], loaded the operating system with paper tape. The next model CAT scan went high tech and got reel to reel systems instead of paper. WOW!

But I never used punch cards.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
I remember loading programs by flipping toggle switches, and loading the operating system on "large" computers with paper tape.
Geez, you really are an old bastard aren't you? It was pencil cards for me. :tongue:

franznietzsche said:
Eww.

Agreed. :eek:

SOS2008 said:
Yes, and don't forget--these items were made in China. :bugeye:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that's just the greatest part isn't it?

Smurf said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that's just the greatest part isn't it?
Yeah. Who needs to make up anti-US propoganda when you can just retransmit their own? :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
I remember loading programs by flipping toggle switches, and loading the operating system on "large" computers with paper tape. In fact, the first mini computer that I worked on, and even the first head scanners [CAT scanners], loaded the operating system with paper tape. The next model CAT scan went high tech and got reel to reel systems instead of paper. WOW!

But I never used punch cards.

Yeah, but I'm a yougin.

franznietzsche said:
Yeah, but I'm a yougin.

Its just that stupid best songs thread making me feel old; making me think of dates and all... My favorite song is HOW OLD?

:biggrin:

1. What is "Awe-Inspiring Moment: Remembering Chomsky in the Library"?

"Awe-Inspiring Moment: Remembering Chomsky in the Library" is a written piece that reflects on a memorable encounter with renowned linguist and philosopher Noam Chomsky in a library.

2. Who is Noam Chomsky?

Noam Chomsky is a linguist, philosopher, and cognitive scientist who is known for his influential work in the fields of linguistics and cognitive psychology. He is also a prominent political activist and has written extensively on social and political issues.

3. What is the significance of the library in the piece?

The library serves as a symbolic setting for the encounter with Chomsky, as it represents a place of knowledge and learning. It also highlights the importance of books and literature in shaping our understanding of the world.

4. How does the writer convey the awe-inspiring moment in the library?

The writer uses vivid descriptions and sensory details to convey the sense of awe and reverence felt in the presence of Chomsky. The use of literary devices such as metaphors and similes also adds to the overall impact of the moment.

5. What is the main message of "Awe-Inspiring Moment: Remembering Chomsky in the Library"?

The main message of the piece is the transformative power of knowledge and the impact of influential figures like Chomsky on our understanding of the world. It also highlights the importance of cherishing and learning from personal experiences and encounters.