Www.physicsforum.com is missing

• Thread starter PeroK
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around an issue with accessing the home page of a website. One person was getting an error message while others were not. It was discovered that the issue was a typo in the website address and clearing the cache and cookies resolved the problem. It was also mentioned that there have been temporary errors with ISPs and routers that can cause similar issues.
PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2023 Award
I get "no site configured at this address" when I try to go to the home page.

Physics news on Phys.org
You have written the wrong address.It is "http://www.physicsforum[COLOR="Red"]s[/COLOR].com/"

Notice the s

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not typing it in. I'm hitting the home page button. The missing "s" was a typo in my post!

It stopped working about 2-3 days ago. I guess for no-one else?

Not for me..

PeroK said:
I'm not typing it in. I'm hitting the home page button. The missing "s" was a typo in my post!

It stopped working about 2-3 days ago. I guess for no-one else?
Have you cleared cache and cookies?

Likes 1 person
PeroK said:
I'm hitting the home page button.

What home page button, on what page?

From time to there have been some temporary errors in ISPs and backbone routers. They usually clear up quickly.

Evo said:
Have you cleared cache and cookies?

Thanks Evo. It was a browser problem in the cache.

1. What happened to www.physicsforum.com?

Unfortunately, it appears that www.physicsforum.com is currently missing or unavailable. This could be due to technical issues or maintenance work on the website.

2. Will www.physicsforum.com be back up soon?

It is difficult to say for certain when www.physicsforum.com will be back up. If the issue is due to technical difficulties, the website may be back up shortly. However, if it is undergoing maintenance, it could be down for a longer period of time.

3. Is there an alternative website for www.physicsforum.com?

There are many other online forums and communities dedicated to physics and science discussions. Some popular alternatives to www.physicsforum.com include Physics Stack Exchange, Physics Forums, and Reddit's r/physics community.

4. Can I still access past discussions and information from www.physicsforum.com?

Unfortunately, if the website is currently missing, it is unlikely that you will be able to access past discussions and information. However, you may be able to find archived versions of the website through the Wayback Machine or a similar web archive service.

5. How can I stay updated on the status of www.physicsforum.com?

You can try checking the website periodically to see if it is back up. You can also follow the official social media accounts or join a community of users who may have more information on the status of the website.